D&D 5E The Veiled Revealed

dwayne

Adventurer
This setting idea cam as a result of my watching movies and TV show that had ideas that I think would work great in a modern setting. Impulse tv show is a continuation of the movie jumper, and The rook TV show could fit in the same universe along side the movie Push. These for the idea base of the setting and add in stuff like clandestine government agencies like the show tredstone. And even expanding with ideas borrowed from V wars, to add viral mutations and such as player options as were wolf type things but not mystical but as result of science and genetic DNA alterations. I am planing to use the new ultramodern book once it is finished and i get me a copy, as a base. But not sure if i will use apex or if maybe they are updating that as well, as with the play test material i did see reference to a class that is a psionic type maybe. With the new psionic sub paths for the fighter and soul knife and wizard i think would be good as someone who is a wild talent or has not fully trained in the mind abilities. But don't think will add them to this setting and just keep it all from one source, that of the guy with the ultramodern books.

dwayne

Adventurer
I'm sure there's an idea in there somewhere but right now it's just alphabet soup.. Slow down your thought processes and clarify and expand.
Sorry but that happens sometimes Let me clarify a bit

This setting would be in now times and deal with hidden clandestine organizations and government shadow cabals. I will be using TV shows like Tredstone, Impulse, And Rook as inspirations, as well as Push and jumper as well.

Also to add more variation to starting race options I am taking some ideas from V wars and doing sub human and altered humans who has had their DNA rewritten with a retrovirus. This would give raise to creatures (non magical) that would resemble were wolves and such and also mutations too.

I am going to use the ultramodern books as a base for classes and such for this setting and game, i have play test material for the new book but also the older 5th edition ones to fill gaps.

I wanted the setting to just seem like now and under the surface a secret war is going on and the governments of the world are keeping it secret. They use disinformation and mass shootings as well as things like Ebola and other viral out breaks and things to contain things and keep everyone in the dark.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Tredstone, Impulse, And Rook as inspirations, as well as Push and jumper as well.

This sounds like a great/fun game. You could take the Paladin organization from the Jumper movie (which doesn't really show up in the novels) and use that as a group that hunts all of the people who exhibit anything like jumping or pushing, etc.

dwayne

Adventurer
This sounds like a great/fun game. You could take the Paladin organization from the Jumper movie (which doesn't really show up in the novels) and use that as a group that hunts all of the people who exhibit anything like jumping or pushing, etc.
I did but renamed it The templars, I have dropped the the V wars thing and decided to just use the Apex rules and basic humans. So there are 9 types kinda like those in the movie push that can do things, i might add other stuff later but i don't want to overwhelm the players with too many options as i do that sometimes. As of now there are Specter, Shaper, Siphon, Freak, Geiger, Morph, Tinker, Kinetic. String, and Flux. They all will have derogatory names given to them, as i finish up the basic stuff in the setting. This does not include the basic classes from the ultramodern book, as the list above are ladder options for players not classes, kind of like paths just you can take them on top of a path sort of.

Remove ads