• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"These four men are dangerous and well-armed with magical equipment. I would suggest attacking them first, but unfortunately they are also keeping that necromantic creature at bay and under control with the crystals in their hands. If we break their concentration or destroy the crystals, all hell may break loose. Perhaps we should strike from a distance with the element of surprise and watch the two sides destroy one another?" Doral ponders further as he watches.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken grants Doral a fierce grin.

"I like it, mate," he says. "Who's got something that'll take out one of those guys from a distance? I've got a few rocks that'll deafen 'em, tends to put a bit of a knocker on spellcasting, eh?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral gets ready. When the first cultist is attacked by the group, he plans to fire a round of three magic missiles from his wand, one for each of the four cultist not yet struck. The idea is to try to throw the concentration of each.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
You'll get a surprise round on the cultists before they react. Go ahead and roll your thunderstone and magic missiles, and any actions the others want to make. Also post your initiative for the first round.
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken pulls a seemingly ordinary-looking stone out of a pouch and tosses it with a casual underarm into the middle of the struggling cultists where it explodes with a thunderous roar.

[sblock=OOC]
Thunderstone throw 1d20+7=14

Aiming for a spot somewhere between the cultists and far enough that we aren't caught in the 10 ft. radius of the blast. Range increment 20 ft., AC5 for a space, Fort DC15 or be deafened.

Initiative 1d20+6=19
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive spews out foul words at the cultists.

[sblock=ooc]
Trying to shatter acid flasks and their like in their possession.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]
[sblock=Deuce Traveler]Where are you in Germany?[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Surprise Round

The thunderstone shatters on the ground between the farthest two cultists with a resounding boom. The two cultists holding the "tethers" recoil from the sound wave. One drops a glittering black shard and claps his hands to his ears. The black tether extending from the drop crystal wavers and then vanishes, along with half of the cord holding the beasts mouth shut. The remaining man is pulled partly off his feet as the creature surges with new found energy.
On signal from the exploding stone, the rest of the group steps forward. Doral and Whisper concentrate their magic missiles on three of the men while Glaive points at one of the heavily armored men and utters more of the dark speech. Over the din, you make out the tinkling sound of glass shattering and falling to the floor. Smoke immediately begins to rise from the man and he shouts in surprise and pain. Midian remains at the edge of the fight, mentally gathering the energies to summon another of nature's beasts.

Next: Round 1
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Go ahead and post your round 1 actions. Soon as I get a chance I'll work up a map.
Initiatives:
Doral - 25
Glaive - 23
Kraken - 19
Bad Guys - 18
Whisper - 3
Midian - 3
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Walking Dad, I was in Trier.

Doral fires his wand at the robed man who is still holding a glass shard: one magic missile for the shard and the other two for the man. "It is perhaps poor of us to tinker with these dark forces, but hopefully there is a nice bonus awaiting us at the end to make up for whatever we are about to unleash."

Remove ads