• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"We'll have to make sure to be careful on the way in. Hopefully the swarm went back to its nest, but who knows?" Tac offers. "I think we should definitely each take a couple of the acid flasks. If someone's not so good at tossing them, we can redistribute. But if we're lucky, and we're ready to lob them, we can take that nasty mess out before it becomes a problem again."

jackslate45

First Post
"I agree. It will go crack sizzle, and then we have fried bugs! I wonder how well they taste? As for throwing things, I will leave it to those of you with bigger muscles than my body." Glimnock chimes in.

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"You need more reflex than muscle to hit with a flask. And the swarms are a bigger target from your perspective..."
Dorian tries to encourage the gnome.

[sblock=OOC]
Throwing uses ranged att = Dex + bab, right

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 4/5
Enlarge: 4/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Geared up and ready for whatever adventure lies deep inside The Whispering Cairn are intrepid heroes head out once more. They pass through the first hallway without incident and head down the long staircase to what they have come to realize as a false tomb chamber.

The room is just as they had left it save that the bug swarm is not present. The hole in the floor is still there and the sarcophagus that controls the tubes still points to the alcove with the yellow lantern hanging from a chain.

Korr has accompanied the group but on the way talked about staying in the main chamber to make sure the tube system can't be turned off. It is still undecided if he will do that or accompany the others down whichever path they chose.

OCC: Choice to be made - back down to the area with the brown mold or down the hole the swarm climbed up out of.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac looks about a bit nervously.

"I think we should try to find and deal with the swarm first. The mold isn't going anywhere, but the hole up here is open whenever the swarm decides to go exploring again. I'd hate for that to be when we were in the middle of trying to use the one-at-a-time lifts to get down."

jackslate45

First Post
Glimnock nods in agreement. "Those itty bitty bugs tried to mess with the wrong gnome! How dare they try to bite me! How dare they try to distract me! How dare they...they...I got nothing."

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"If we had just bought one scroll with a cold resistance spell, one of us could have lured the swarm to the mold..."
Dorian faceplams. Maybe a good idea but much to late.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 5/5
Enlarge: 5/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]