• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The wizards got gypted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tharkun

First Post
I remember hearing something about the wizards getting a lower cost to scribe spells into their books and from reading what Morrus said it doesn't appear to have changed at all for the Wizard, what's up with that!

It means you cannot read. :D

The old rules for scribing were 100 gp per page and spells took up TWO pages per level.

The new rules for scribing are 100 gp per page and spells take up ONE page per level.

Scribing spells into your spellbook now cost half as much as they used to.

Tharkun

First Post
DocMoriartty said:
It means you cannot read. :D

The old rules for scribing were 100 gp per page and spells took up TWO pages per level.

The new rules for scribing are 100 gp per page and spells take up ONE page per level.

Ah...I see, though I admit I haven't played a wizard in a real long time!

Yea 2 pages for a cantrip does seem rather stupid :)

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Not to be all politically correct but the term "gypted" is slanderous towards Gypsies or, as they liked to be called, Roma. I know many people who use this word are unaware of this, but it isn't good to link a whole group of people to being thieves. Just thought I would let you know so that the title of this thread can be edited . ;)

Last edited:

Grog

First Post
DocMoriartty said:

That's better than it was before, but I'm actually more concerned about the time it takes. Does anyone know if they changed that? Even with spells only taking one page per level, wizards are still going to need a large amount of downtime to scribe even a few high-level spells.

I strongly suggest the title NOT be changed. I am personally sick and tired of the PC Police coming down like they have some Deity sanctioned overlords on everyone else.

Get over it already.

Paladin

Explorer
Grog said:

That's better than it was before, but I'm actually more concerned about the time it takes. Does anyone know if they changed that? Even with spells only taking one page per level, wizards are still going to need a large amount of downtime to scribe even a few high-level spells.
According to roytheodd, the time is now one day per spell. That's it! :D

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Get over it already.

And how do you know that I am not part gypsy or Roma? Personally, I get sick of people tossing this word around to steorotype a people. Just like the word "Jewed." Sorry to get all "PC", but I do find it offensive-

My intent was not to flame anybody, but to educate :) I'll end my topic here as I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I have.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well given that the original poster got his question answered AND we already have some "fun" (and by "fun" I mean "not fun") stuff going on here, I'll go ahead and close this.

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
The words meaning vs origin

The origin of many words could be construed as offense by some ethnic, minority, or organizations. Does that mean we need to go through the dictionary and remove all words that have a "shady" past?

I may be more tolerant of word use because it is the intention of what is said versus what words were used to convey the message that is important.

Just a couple of cents,

Taren Nighteyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads