D&D 4E The yet still complete list of official 4E D&D products: now with new format!

Mercurius

Legend
I don't have strong feeelings on the size of books (the SWSE square books were just fine). But I prefer hardcovers; paperbacks have a nasty habit of getting their covers bent in some odd fashion while in my backpack.

I'm with you to a degree but what I don't like about digests is how narrow they are; they feel a bit cramped to me. I also prefer two columns to three (SWSE was wider).

That said, digest works great for some things - I really love the Rules Compendium and Monster Vault works fine. But the two Heroes books just don't do it for me.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
From today's rule of three:

Class Compendium: Heroes of Sword and Spell. That book was been removed from the print schedule. However, the updates to those versions of the warlord, fighter, cleric, rogue, and wizard will appear in Dragon on a monthly basis starting in March (in the listed order).

I think this is the first concrete mention of how we will see the "lost" content.

EDIT: well, besides the dragon editorial posted days ago....

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dred/2011March

Last edited:

hvg3akaek

First Post
That book was been removed from the print schedule.
It feels me with confidence that they cannot even get this short sentance correct...

I am quite concerned as to the "updates" they have planned. I am always happy with more options, but these updates sound like they will be hitting the original classes with the Essentials nerf-hammer. As someone who loved the direction 4e initially took, and has not been thrilled with the essentialised classes, I'm hoping that I will not be forced to houserule more stuff...

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Are there no more gamma world expansions coming out? :(

I think they have said "wait and see". The game seemed pretty popular, but if Legion of Gold (based on a Gygax GW adventure, but thats another story) does well, then they would probably make another one.

It feels me with confidence that they cannot even get this short sentance correct...

I am quite concerned as to the "updates" they have planned. I am always happy with more options, but these updates sound like they will be hitting the original classes with the Essentials nerf-hammer. As someone who loved the direction 4e initially took, and has not been thrilled with the essentialised classes, I'm hoping that I will not be forced to houserule more stuff...

We don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some power ups. Especially for certain builds. I think the many, many PHB nerfings we have already got have probably already done most of the nerfing.

EDIT: I also think there is just the issue of using options from one in the other.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
On DDI: We have gotten our list of alternate racial stat bonuses, one of the various bits from the disapeared products. Also, rule of 3 confirms no Nentir Vale book, but that the Conquest of Nerath board game will have world information.

ggroy

First Post
Just noticed this.

A 4E "Dungeon of Dread" board game scheduled for a December 13, 2011 release date.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Dread-Dungeons-Dragons-Board/dp/0786958537]Amazon.com: Dungeon of Dread: A Dungeons & Dragons Board Game (4th Edition D&D) (9780786958535): Wizards RPG Team: Books[/ame]

Remove ads