There's A Tales From The Loop Boxed Starter Set Coming

Free League has announced a boxed starter set for its Tales from the Loop RPG. This is the awesome Swedish game based on the artwork of Simon Stålenhag (the art book which has also inspired an upcoming TV show on Amazon!) You can already pre-order the boxed set. It includes a rulebook, an adventure called The Recycled Boy, five regenerated characters, plus a map and dice. It's coming out in...

Free League has announced a boxed starter set for its Tales from the Loop RPG. This is the awesome Swedish game based on the artwork of Simon Stålenhag (the art book which has also inspired an upcoming TV show on Amazon!)

TFL_webb_products_starter.png

You can already pre-order the boxed set. It includes a rulebook, an adventure called The Recycled Boy, five regenerated characters, plus a map and dice. It's coming out in April, and costs the equivalent of $27.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
That's what I thought, but given the subject matter regeneration is a possibility. I think it's a cool possibility.

Can you play this game with children?

When asked that by a parent at a convention last year, my reply was: better not, because they might pick up tricks that you don't want them to know about. As often with games where you play kids, it's often not a good idea to play them with kids. Except for a couple of games directly adressed at kids.

My Tales from the Loop games often involve stuff like lying to your character's parents, leaving the house after curfew, and doing dangerous stuff. Not something that kids should learn from a game :)

hawkeyefan

Legend
Tales from the Loop is a solid game. A lot of fun and very evocative. The show looks promising, and I hope it translates to more people finding the game.

If you haven't tried it yet, you should definitely give it a shot.

Remove ads

Remove ads