THHKotS - OOC

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yeah, I did look it over. It looks like for a balanced party, we could use a controller. Since it's my second ever 4e character, I may as well give it a shot.

I'm considering Forthwol the Wizard, who has no concept of the difference between OOC and IC, and constantly makes inappropriate references and refers to the real world, and himself as a character. But I don't know if that's exactly the tone you're looking for.

The other idea is the young sidekick. I'd be the guy hired to serve one of the other characters. I thought I was signing on for an adventure, but instead I got hired to be the dwarf's armor-repair man or some such. In reality, he's a wizard, but NOBODY ever notices.

- "Why don't you put away that stick and get a real weapon?"
- "I say, very convenient that that thunder came through here when it did, frightened those blighters something fierce. I never even saw the lightning."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Propably still keep everything IC would be better. But a mage whom no-one takes as a mage would be good.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Propably still keep everything IC would be better. But a mage whom no-one takes as a mage would be good.
Okay. He was growing on me anyways.

Possibly Eladrin just so it's SO painfully obvious to everyone else that he is a wizard. . . . except the party.

"Why are you wearing a dress?"

". . . I studied the arcane mysteries for thirty years to earn the rights to wear these robes! They are the symbol of my rank in the College Arcanum of the ancient Order of the Golden Gryphon. I graduated first in my class, I have passed the Test of the Seven Circles, and mastered all the rituals of the first circle! This is not a dress! They are my robes, a symbol of respect and prestige from a tradition older than your entire race!"

"Whatever. Hey, dragon-boy! Why does your squire wear a dress?"

Ginnel

Explorer
Okay. He was growing on me anyways.

Possibly Eladrin just so it's SO painfully obvious to everyone else that he is a wizard. . . . except the party.

". . . I studied the arcane mysteries for thirty years to earn the rights to wear these robes! They are the symbol of my rank in the College Arcanum of the ancient Order of the Golden Gryphon. I graduated first in my class, I have passed the Test of the Seven Circles, and mastered all the rituals of the first circle! This is not a dress! They are my robes, a symbol of respect and prestige from a tradition older than your entire race!"

And such a nice post for your 6000th

I can see it now

"Hey Lass stop mumbling to yourself and try making yourself useful fer a change, pretty sure I've slipped a cog 'ere now grab that wrench and give it a good ole yank"

Mathew_Freeman

First Post

"Some sort of initiation ritual for his school, I believe. I think he lost a bet. Terribly thundery around here, isn't it? Perhaps I should find an umbrella or something."

Ginnel

Explorer
Is there an actual play-thread for this yet? :D So far as I remember this is supposed to be the OOC chat... ;)
I believe we're just batting around personalities a bit at the moment to let each other know what we're intending, don't think blackrat has even discussed character creation yet? ;) or I missed it in another thread a high probability

Remove ads