Things I learned being Dylrath Birdhouse in Piratecat's game, a long time ago

In the spirit of The Cranberries*...

1. When tossing a weapon to an ally who was disarmed, toss it hilt first.
2. When in doubt, turn left.
3. Always take payment up front.
4. Never begin a sentence with "I wish...." Not even in jest.
5. If a party member asks to include you in the area of a damaging spell, say no!

* y'know, because of the title of their album Everbody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?

Roland55

First Post
I hadn't realized how much I missed you all until I started seeing your avatars popping up in the thread.
It's good to hear from you.

This all got kicked off because a week or two ago, Bandeeto or I made a crack about Dylrath at the dinner table (probably because one of the kids was doing some fool thing) and our ten year old (remember the Scampering Chaos?), she looks up innocently and says "Who's that?"

Through the heart, I tell you.

Straight through, out the other side, in the clean way that leaves you staring at the camera for a couple of beats while the audience knows you're slain and you don't yet.

She had no idea who Dylrath or Arcade or anybody else was. None whatsoever.

Anyway, it got us started reminiscing and digging through the old files.

She's been a patient audience with the nigh unstoppable flood of war stories, and moreso withthe painful memory gaps that leave us unable to connect the dots, or get things in sequential order.

And every couple of days she eggs us on again with something like "tell me about that Birdbath guy again."

This made me smile.:)

Thanks for sharing.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Was cleaning out some old files this evening and ran across the following list. I may have posted this stuff ages ago. Can't recall. Thought there might be some of you out there might find this amusing...
Welcome to the Boards!

(Just kidding, of course.)

Piratecat's story hour is one of the reasons I'm so fond of EN World. My how time flies. My own gaming group is about to re-stabilize and my son's gaming group is starting to take off (with dad still DMing -- for now, "you mean I could be the DM?")

I've got more electronic files than I can keep track of -- including some Sialia designed "Deck of Many things" cards, somewhere...

Good times for all!

Cheers!

Brian
<><

Sialia

First Post
Oooh! Oooh!

I have a new one I just learned from a travel brochure I was reading for a Real Life (tm) trip I'm considering taking:

1. Never try to retrieve anything from a bear.

Given my current hit points, armor class, and regen rate, that's probably one of the wisest things I've ever heard.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases