D&D General Things to Find in a Large River?

@Bohandas
reverse-vampires wading through the running water in the tropical sun (please explain this to me a bit)

I've seen jokes on several shows involving characters positing the existence of reverse-vampires that like the sun (there's a simpsons episode where Milhouse accuses the adults of being reverse vampires, and an Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode where Master Shake insists that a bus that's been parked across from his house is owned by a sun-craving reverse vampire from "Tansylvania") and it occurred to me that such creatures would probably also crave flowing water, since that's another thing that's usually a vampire weakness

Yaarel

He Mage
I've seen jokes on several shows involving characters positing the existence of reverse-vampires that like the sun (there's a simpsons episode where Milhouse accuses the adults of being reverse vampires, and an Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode where Master Shake insists that a bus that's been parked across from his house is owned by a sun-craving reverse vampire from "Tansylvania") and it occurred to me that such creatures would probably also crave flowing water, since that's another thing that's usually a vampire weakness
That definitely required an explanation!

Fun concept.

I can smell the garlic already.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Floating bodies that look suspiciously otherworldy.

A crashed spacecraft that has sunken into the riverbed, populated by mutated wildlife.

A huge golden door with "Gate of the Arah-Ka" inscribed on it. If opened, it reveals a passageway that leads to a bandit hideout.

Ancient coins, too faded to be identified.

A boat made of lead, sitting at the bottom of the river.

Stranded canoes caught in weeds by the riverbank. If examined, only jars of pickled human organs can be found inside.

A pile of axe heads, tumbled across the edge of the river.

Bodies that were unsuccessfully weighed-down.

A ridiculously fast boat that appears to be aflame. Any attempt to follow the boat results in blindness and a divine curse.

A miniature replica of local city or village, built on a large rock that juts out of the water.

I did use piranhas once in an Amazon jungle-ish type adventure, where the PCs were looking for a lost pirate ship, which turned out to be sunken in a wide river pool... the hardest part of the adventure was finding a way around the zillion and one piranhas in the pool.
For a Nile River-ish type adventure, crocodiles and hippos seem more apt, along with giant perch maybe, as others on here said earlier...
Huh i have no idea what aqua teen hunger is

Remove ads