Thinking of Joining Roll20? Lock In Your Sub Now!

Roll20 is increasing its monthly sub from $4.99 to $5.99 per month, but you can lock in the lower price by signing up before July 1st. Monthly Plus subs go from $4.99 to $5.99l Annual Plus subs go from $49.99 to $59.99 Monthly Pro subs go from $9.99 to $10.99; Annual Pro subs go from $99.00 to $109.99 If you subscribe before July 1st, you get locked in to the old price for two years. I can't...

Roll20 is increasing its monthly sub from $4.99 to $5.99 per month, but you can lock in the lower price by signing up before July 1st.
  • Monthly Plus subs go from $4.99 to $5.99l Annual Plus subs go from $49.99 to $59.99
  • Monthly Pro subs go from $9.99 to $10.99; Annual Pro subs go from $99.00 to $109.99
If you subscribe before July 1st, you get locked in to the old price for two years. I can't promise you'll be as good-looking as the folks in the screenshot, though!

hero-vtt.png

Longspeak

Adventurer
I'll probably just drop to the free in two years. I'm Plus now, and not really seeing any benefit aside from the removal of the delayed loading.

That being said, I don't begrudge Roll20 for needing to raise prices. I am bothered by some of their moderation choices, but that's solved by not participating in the community more than necessary. I just run my games and carry on all out of game chat on Discord.

TheSword

Legend
Yeah I’ve tried a couple. Roll20 works for us. I used to get a lot of connection issues but to be fair to them that has stopped in the last six months. It almost never goes down for me now with five of us on there.

I do use Discord for the voice and video though. It is so easy and I love it being able to modulate. Background noise, play music through it etc.

I'm Plus now, and not really seeing any benefit aside from the removal of the delayed loading.
Wait what? Is the reason maps sometimes take forever to load or just don't load properly at all some sort of pricing-tier feature? Because like, they need to be more clear about that, my entire group just thought Roll20 kind of sucked and we definitely weren't going to be paying for it.

Wait what? Is the reason maps sometimes take forever to load or just don't load properly at all some sort of pricing-tier feature? Because like, they need to be more clear about that, my entire group just thought Roll20 kind of sucked and we definitely weren't going to be paying for it.
No, just the initial app start up has more ads and stuff on free. The rest of it is equally non optimal in the paid tiers.

Just today I was feeling frustrated with the instability of the card system (the ability to view other player’s cards is spotty, and it’s a known issue they haven’t done anything about for years), and thinking that if they don’t get that fixed before Foundry has a Torg module I’m jumping ship.

Roll20 is really the kind of thing you use not because you like it, but rather because there isn’t anything else better yet. I think Foundry will soon obsolete that status and then Roll20 will have to up their game or lose a lot of customers.

Remove ads

Remove ads