• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) This Dragon Art Is From The 2024 Player's Handbook

As shown at GaryCon.

GJSsRwJacAAU8zz.jpeg

Love it... except for the head on that Harengon. Something is not right there.

But the Roman architecture and trappings, the scale of the dragon compared to the scale of the structures, the shiny scales glinting in the daylight, the confetti. That's great.
Is the harengon the rabbit creature? Cos that looks awful, like someone has wrung it's neck for rabbit stew. It's goofy as, sadly, and ruins an epic image. Why have the put a rabbit creature in the celebration of fifty years image? Could have at least put something in that was in the game stone the beginning, I've never even heard of that before.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Is the harengon the rabbit creature? Cos that looks awful, like someone has wrung it's neck for rabbit stew. It's goofy as, sadly, and ruins an epic image. Why have the put a rabbit creature in the celebration of fifty years image? Could have at least put something in that was in the game stone the beginning, I've never even heard of that before.
They are celebrating the whole 50 years, not just your favorite slice of it.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I think the dragon is meant to be gold. However, gold is shiny, so when it reflects bright white light, it looks silver.
The head frill looks Silver to me, something you don't see in Golds--and this dragon has no whiskers, the iconic trait of Golds going all the way back to the early days when they were still noodles.

As for the art itself: Awesome! I love dragons, and this is one of my favorites, presumably giving a speech or otherwise addressing a celebrating crowd. That's cool. And the dragon is HELLA shiny, which is always a plus!

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
And an imp in the upper left.
Given the scale (you can see two people climbing up the statue's base, and they don't even come to the statue's knee), I'm fairly sure that's a perfectly ordinary tiefling. They just look very small because they're very high up. (They also don't have any wings, which an imp would have.)

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
That's hilarious. There's a person with a baby on their shoulders on the left, and then there's an old man with a kobold on his shoulders!

Funnily enough, that was my favorite part too. I didn't twig to the fact that was a kobold though
Given the wide-triangle head shape and lack of a prominent nose, I actually suspect that that is a dragonborn child--D&D kobolds usually aren't depicted with the facial spikes and broad, flat forehead, instead looking rather more dog-like. If so, the child may be very young, only a year or two old, as dragonborn development tends to come in bursts.

Given the wide-triangle head shape and lack of a prominent nose, I actually suspect that that is a dragonborn child--D&D kobolds usually aren't depicted with the facial spikes and broad, flat forehead, instead looking rather more dog-like. If so, the child may be very young, only a year or two old, as dragonborn development tends to come in bursts.
Plot twist: kobolds are dragonborn children! :eek:

Remove ads

Remove ads