This is a Troll [meta-thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I am making an inflamatory remark about WotC, the type of gamer you are, or something else that is controversal. I am stating it in such a way that it appears to be a real thread about a real topic.

Now let the flaming commence.

(Edited to correct the spelling mistake.)

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I am making a rebuttal of your inflammatory remark. I am trying to be polite and give logical counter-points to show you how you're obviously wrong, but at the same time can't help but let my contempt for you show through, and near the end a few insulting remarks slip out, followed by a smiley so my fellow EN Worlders won't think I'm being too harsh. :)

Last edited:

Skarp Hedin

First Post
You are wrong, and moreover, you are wrong in a manner that not only makes you appear to be a bad person, but also showcases your obvious negative qualities.

Clearly, my equally controversial and inflammatory position is superior.

Robbert Raets

Explorer
I'm going to say that you all should be tolerant of each other and make peace, all the while thinking myself to be morally superior.

tleilaxu

First Post
I bust in with a post making unflattering personal comments about barandur, even though i didn't read the whole way throught the original post

Dave Blewer

First Post
I am just a lurker on this thread and I get a strange sense of empty vague anger reading obviously trollish remarks that are purely designed to provoke a reaction.

I keep returning to the thread hoping that someone will post my own views on the subject, but in much more eloquant and withering way than I ever could. I hope to eventually see the original troll rescind his views and come round to a much better view - mine.

But of course, I am lurking on this thread, so I would never actually post upon it.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Troll-like rebuttal (and not so veiled disdain) for Alzrius and his remarks. Question Skarp Hedin's upbringing and religious affiliation, and utterly ignore Robbert Raets and Dagger75. Original opinion is backed up by the results of "research studies" by highly questionable sources and gross generalizations. Attempts to poison the well by saying that all who disagree with me are affilliated with a commonly hated group or organization.

Frostmarrow

First Post
I will state that even though I agree with the instigator per se I don't think that this is the right forum for this discussion. I will inform you that Nutkinland is a better place for the discussion, despite the fact that I've never even lurked at that place.

Skarp Hedin

First Post
Point out to Baraendur that religious discussion is barred per rules of the boards, and that members of his background and upbringing probably shouldn't speak in public, lest they be exposed to the ridicule of all.

Repeat original points in a slightly altered fashion, which subtly changes their entire meaning. Maintain that it is clear Baraendur did not read the original post.

Proudly claim membership in the commonly hated group or organization, mentioning that the term has come to lose all meaning due to overgeneralized overuse. Label Baraendur as elitist or otherwise biased against a group that has not yet been mentioned.

Agree with Robbert Raets, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads