D&D 3E/3.5 Thoughts on 3e Revised?

If I read the announcement correctly, this is for a July release. You've got almost 8 months before you'll see any of this.

You are not yet obsolete. Do not panic. All is well. The computer loves you.

For those who pay attention to those things, that would be GenCon Indy. At that point 3e will have been out for a full 2 years without significant revision. And this isn't (supposed to be) a major rewrite; it's more of like D&D 3.2e.

There is supposed to be about 20% new material which would cover the FAQs & erratas PLUS other stuff.

I expect a number of things pulled out of ELH (in particular the high skill DCs), now-standard implementation of standard skills (bluff, sense motive, etc), as well as making certain new skills class skills (Knowledge:planes for clerics).

MM will (should) have better explanations of powers and abilities (I would love to see the save DC listed for spell-likes rather than having to calculate them) not to mention better examples of template usage.

GMs should probably pick up a copy to use as the new "bible" but I expect a few postits & swipes of the highlighter and my 3.0e books will be useful for years to come.

Remove ads