D&D 3E/3.5 Thoughts on 3e Revised?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Tom Cashel said:

DMs are in control. Any DM who whines should be put in the stocks and whipped with a cat-o-nine-tails. In any case, DMs shouldn't whine when baddies get stomped...that's what they're there for. There's always MORE!

Or the next big bad has Spell Turning. Or Spell Resistance. Or a hundred other things that will foil players who rely on the same trick for every encounter. e.g. True Seeing works wonders on the player who decides to make Phantasmal Killer his crutch.

Wait:

...making harm higher level than slay living is "smart"? Coulda fooled me.

Not getting into a harm debate, not getting ito a harm debate, not getting ito a harm debate, not getting ito a harm debate.

kreynolds

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
There's nothing wrong with it.

Oh, except for the fact that it makes whiny players whine more, and louder.

But I thought it was supposed to do that. Isn't that the secondary effect of the spell (also no save)?

Stalker0

Legend
That would be nice if wotc released like a page at a time to the forum for review.

we'd have it cleaned up in no time:)

Personally, I just think its WOTC out for more money. I'll be angry if its mostly just adding error clarifications that should have been fixed in the first place.

However, if it does have some new material, then I say let them make a buck or two:)

IceBear

Explorer
Well, they are a company in business, so they have to make money somewhere. If they keep popping out the source books like TSR did, then we'll start complaining about them like we did then too

Ah, aren't we a fickle bunch :)

IceBear

Stalker0

Legend
IceBear said:
Well, they are a company in business, so they have to make money somewhere. If they keep popping out the source books like TSR did, then we'll start complaining about them like we did then too

Ah, aren't we a fickle bunch :)

IceBear

And God bless us, everyone:D

James McMurray

First Post
Tom Cashel said:
For the last time, they won't change harm. There's nothing wrong with it.

Oh, except for the fact that it makes whiny players whine more, and louder. But that's not exactly the best reason to revise something, now is it?

:D

That was the most thinly veiled troll I've seen around here in a long time. I'm surprised it actually managed to suck some people in.

dcollins

Explorer
Hmmm... is anyone out there PLAYTESTING these supposed balancing changes in the revised edition?

I sure hope this doesn't become another 2nd-Edition-style "we think we know what's best for the game" hack-job...

Tom Cashel

First Post
James McMurray said:

That was the most thinly veiled troll I've seen around here in a long time. I'm surprised it actually managed to suck some people in.

Now this is the part where I shrilly deny that the harm post was a troll--

Except that it so was!

:)

Last edited:

Remove ads