D&D General Thoughts on Dungeons and Dragons: Onslaught

Clint_L

Hero
That’s a lot of money for not many factory painted minis! If the minis are all you want buying 6-8 icons of the realms booster packs will get you a lot more. Unless you really want these particular sculpts.

Jahydin

Hero
I picked this up in the hopes of getting more use out of the hundreds of Pathfinder miniatures I already own.

Although well designed, it wasn't nearly as fun as the skirmish games I already own, namely Frostgrave, Warcry, and X-Wing. With limited time to play, I can't imagine passing up on those to play this.

Component wise, I'm disappointed in the large spinner character/monster sheets. Takes up too much room, pain to adjust the dials, have to be careful not to bump it, and makes creating custom content with pre-existing miniatures harder (maybe why they designed it that way).

I'm hoping they find a good way to incorporate custom content, make the game play faster, and get the cost of expansions down.

Jahydin

Hero
My dream game with this system would be to have one or several player(s) assemble a custom party in order to tackle short dungeon scenarios of traps and monsters created and ran by another player. Both sides limited by points, of course.

I think that would have fit the D&D theme better than just "characters fight each other in an arena".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases