[Thread Game] D&D Monsters A-Z

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I was about to ask where in Africa you are, but I was smitten with a mental google, which points to South Africa. It is summer there, right? prime time for those two fellas to show up in front of the cat?

I have met two doctors from South Afrika. Ok, chatterbox is shutting down.

Richards

Legend
...I hate to mention this, but the Xenostelid was already posted. In its place, here's the epic-level Xixical:

382613_1360759303_large.jpg

And then, since we're now on "Z" - here's a Zin-carla (an undead drow which maintains many of the abilities it had in life):

Zaknafein_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg

That puts us back to "A" then, for another pass through the alphabet!

Johnathan

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I was about to ask where in Africa you are, but I was smitten with a mental google, which points to South Africa. It is summer there, right? prime time for those two fellas to show up in front of the cat?
I live in a rural part of South Africa's North West province. (We named our property "East" just to cram all the compass directions into our address.) Yes, it is now late summer, but early summer (September) is more snake season. We catch a lot of Mozambican spitting cobras, maybe 10-20 each year, and a black mamba about every three years. Scariest encounter so far was an African rock python, not because that is particularly dangerous, just because it was very, very large, and unexpected. I thought I was running into the garage to scold a cat for knocking a jar off the shelf.

All the snakes we catch are taken to the local snake park for health checks and eventual release, except the (rare) non-venomous ones, which go back into the garden.

Attachments

• Snake.jpg
    Snake.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

I hope the cat didn't get eaten by the python!

I have a friend from Malaysia who was chased by a king cobra when he was young-ish 10-12, I think.

The closest I have gotten to a venomous snake was a rattle snake in the Mojave desert when I was about 11 years old.

Ok, starting with A

Anaxim

anaxim 001.jpg

Scott DeWar

A different kind of slumber party?

Well, here is a cutie pie you can invite . . .Erinyes

erinyes 001.jpgerinyes 002.jpg

I can just hear her saying, "Hello berk, welcome to my abode . . . . ."

Jhaelen

First Post
Fomorian:
200px-Fomorian.JPG
117288.jpg

These dudes, taken from Irish mythology, were significantly updated in 4e to become the major villains of the Faerie Realm.

Remove ads