Thread Recompilation - Places

El Jefe

First Post
Announcement - PCGen Character Sheet for Living ENWorld

No location information in this thread (not even in the proposed character sheet).

El Jefe

First Post
Proposal - new feat - scout companions

No location information in this thread, either, just a proposal for different animal companions for Druids and such.

El Jefe

First Post
Adventure - Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

There were some tid bits in this one:
  • The road wardens have a small local office in Orussus, in addition to the main offices on each of the roads heading out of town.
  • Close enough to Orususs to be of concern to the Road Wardens and far enough away to not be "close to" any specific town is an abandoned bandit camp.
  • The abandoned bandit camp is in a hilly and wooded area.
  • The abandoned bandit camp is surrounded by a palisade.
  • The abandoned bandit camp is in sufficiently uneven ground that there are spots where the palisade can be jumped.
  • The abandoned bandit camp once had three watchtowers.

El Jefe

First Post
Discussion - (Adventure - Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded])

This one fell prey to my old nemisis, "Not far from Orussus..." This adventure ended up being very similar to In the service of Orussus. At least Service of Orussus was given a definite location for the bandit camp. Aside from the camp layout, Attack on the Bandit Camp might just as well be the same bandit camp as Service of Orussus.

The terrain is hilly, yet wooded, which pretty much puts it north of Orussus. Of course, that's near a turnoff to a monastery, some inns on the way to Rivenblight, the turnoff to Apple Glade, etc. I'm rationalizing that it fits in up there...someplace. Perhaps the less specific a location, the better...for now.

Also, I'm going a little out on a limb by rationalizing that the camp is still there. It is most definitely abandoned, unless new denizens have moved in. It was mentioned that the surrounding palisade was hastily built. In my book, that means it will be there for a good 10-15 years before large sections fall away, although it probably isn't servicible enough at the moment to keep out a human-sized intruder if that intruder wanted to slip through a decrepit section. In perhaps 50 years, nothing will remain save some rotted logs on the ground...but that's a long time in LEW terms.

El Jefe

First Post
Archive - (Proposal) Academy of the Chromatic Order

A couple of nice things here. First, a discription of the Academy of the Chromatic Order:

The Academy of the Chromatic Order

During the decadent twilight of the Medibarian Empire, the Empirial counsel made an attempt to improve their magical power by starting an academy to train and organize their wizards. Wanting nothing but the best, they recruited the greatest wizards in the land to run the Acadamy. Without a doubt, the three mightiest wizards in the Empire were Mordrue, Sice, and Omega. Of the three, Sice was generally considered the most powerful, though Omega was the master of item creation, and Mordrue, a divinor, was the most knowledgeable. Each was amenable to the idea of starting an Empirial Academy, and the Chromatic Order had an auspicious beginning. Each of the three founders brought with them their apprentices, rich magical treasure and knowledge, and quickly the school attracted many talented students.

As the empire floundered, stresses began to appear between the masters of the academy. Sice began experimenting more heavily in necromancy. He created some undead forces to prop up the dying empire & put fear into their foes and conquests. Mordrue and Omega were loath to follow such a path, and insisted that the academy stay true to its idealist principles of knowledge. They felt the creation of undead to be evil and not helpful to the longterm survival of the empire as a force for order. Sice eventually left the academy, rumored to be pursuing the lich Phylactery in a vain attempt to perpetuate himself and his beloved empire.

Even after the Medibarian Empire’s decline, the Academy remained a premier source of arcane knowledge and teaching in the known world. The wealthy and ambitious sent their sons and daughters to learn the secrets of power from across racial and political lines. Tharol (or whatever city was Medibaria’s capital) graciously supported the academy, for it was a source of great wealth and status, as well as a power to deter further aggression from the enemies of the empire.

All three of the founders were human.

Graduates:
The Academy is prestigious, and attracts students from all over the land. Entry is expensive and competitive, thus most students are very bright and from wealthy families. Graduates are expected to sponsor talented young people, so a number of the students there were handpicked and sponsored by other Wizards. Most students are human, as were the founders and sponsors, but any race may be accepted.

Upon graduation from the academy, all wizards are given a cloak. This cloak is of exceptional quality. It is colored a non-descript gray for traveling, but one side is trimmed with a bright color according to specialization.

Abjuration: Orange
Conjuration: Blue
Divination: White
Evocation: Yellow
Illusion: Green
Necromancy: Black
Transmutation: Purple
Enchantment: Red
Universal: Silver​
And finally, the following fact about Tharol:

• Tharol is not the capitol of Medibaria, it’s just a medium-sized hunting and fishing village.

El Jefe

First Post
Discussion - (Proposal) Academy of the Chromatic Order

Originally posted by GnomeWorks:

I think I added a bit to this, in one of the world threads or something (I'd give an exact link, but I'm in a bit of a hurry), giving a history of the learners and tying them to the Academy.

El Jefe

First Post
Archive - Death and Retirement

After MUCH discussion in this thread, the following was finally decided:

Resurrection is available in Living EN World. It is considered common knowledge (DC 5 intelligence check) that there is a temple of Hyrag in the Godspires district of the City of Sanctus near the northernmost post of En World where even the most powerful resurrection magic can be performed by a sufficiently powerful priest. The costs to perform such a spell are expensive (the same as the cost listed in the Dungeon Masters Guide), and the material components can be purchased on site for their normal value. There may very well be other temples capable of performing this feat, but none of them speak publicly about these services. The temple of Hyrag is glad to perform this service for anyone of any alignment, but absolutely never discounts the cost, even for a priest of Hyrag.​
That's all there was in this thread about locations.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
El Jefe said:
Originally posted by GnomeWorks:

I think I added a bit to this, in one of the world threads or something (I'd give an exact link, but I'm in a bit of a hurry), giving a history of the learners and tying them to the Academy.

This was probably lost in the crash. It wasn't all that detailed, and if we don't come across it, I could easily write it up again.

Rystil Arden

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
This was probably lost in the crash. It wasn't all that detailed, and if we don't come across it, I could easily write it up again.
Oh, hiya--there you are :) You'll see I just posted my own response to this in the General Thread too (don't want to clutter up this thread too much with chatter).

Remove ads