Thread Recompilation - Places

El Jefe

First Post
Adventure - IA: Thurgan and Zarindas

The first of a couple of posts that were lost in the crash and had to be recreated.

This was a side adventure from Immortality Awakens. Thurgan met Zarindas, a citizen of Orussus, and then set off to meet up with the main party, who had previously left on a quest to save Zarindas's daughter from some kind of magical disease:
  • A man named Zarindas lives in Orussus with his ailing daughter in a small, weathered house.
  • Zarindas’s home has two floors, with at least one bedroom upstairs.
  • There is a place in EnWorld called Briarton.
  • Briarton is near a ruined tower where two wizards dabbled in chronomancy, blowing it up.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'll insert the same random comment about IA: Thurgan and Zarindas as I did earlier--if you find something interesting in there that you want to use, awesome! But please contact me before using any of it because I have adventures running that refer to all of that, so I can provide you with more details to help out, and tell you which parts I may still be using.

El Jefe

First Post
Archive - Bonded mark (new spell/item/tradition)

There was some discussion in this proposal on how the new spell might be used by groups to vouch for individuals magically. But there wasn't anything in here to tie use of the spell/item to any particular location, or even to a particular group (although examples of groups who might use it were given).

El Jefe

First Post
Discussion - (Discussion) LEW Chronology

There was some discussion of LEW places in this thread. But everything here was something that had previously appeared in another thread: a meteor had struck Fallon, a black dragon had been killed early in the history of Monemvassia, etc.

El Jefe

First Post
Archive - Racial Paragon levels from UA

Although there were a couple of references to LEW-specific races in this thread, there was no mention of any LEW locations.

El Jefe

First Post
General - (Proposal) Blind from Birth Template

Like the previous thread, this one was all about a rules change, one that pertained specifically to characters blind from birth.

Yeah, I know, we haven't had one of those yet. But if someone really wants to play one, we have a house rule for it!

It's not location-specific, though. Your blind-from-birth character could be from anywhere.

El Jefe

First Post
(Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

This was another adventure that got off to a good start, but self-destructed before any sort of resolution could be reached. We did get some data on places in Orussus, though:

• Not far from the Red Dragon Inn, in the direction of the center of Orussus, is a large bazaar. On the far side is Jamaris’s Jewelry. The shop is small, with a back door leading to a private area, glass counters with jewelry, and a glass podium with many locks and latches in the center of the shop.
  • The glass podium in Jamasris Jewelry has 5 latches and 5 locks.
  • The small door in the back of Jamaris Jewelry leads to Jamaris’s workshop.
  • Although there is a large bazaar in Orussus, merchants are scattered throughout the city.
  • There are at least 3 dwarven smiths in Orussus: Rurik Drewer, just a few doors down from the Red Dragon Inn past Edwyd’s Victuals, Ingus Stonebender, a well-known smith and merchant at the opposite end of the Street of Merchants from the Red Dragon Inn, and Traubon Mithrilaxe, known for work in exotic materials, at the eastern end of Orussus.

El Jefe

First Post
Discussion - (Adventure) The Lost Gem [Creamsteak judging]

Well, there's just enough here that it could be contradictory, so here are my opinions.

I originally wrote that GnomeWorks's bazaar was clearly part of the Street of Merchants. However, after an exchange with Velmont in the General Discussion thread, I realized that a lot of my thinking had been influenced by the concept that the Red Dragon Inn and the Street of Merchants were on opposite sides of Orussus. Velmont showed me that wasn't necessarily so, and since the bazaar is toward the center of Orussus from the Red Dragon, that means it's much less likely to be near the Street of Merchants. We agreed to place it on the edge of the High District, which takes up much of the northeast corner of the city.

Even thought there will be a concentration of merchants in the Street of Merchant's area, I don't have a problem with others being scattered throughout the city. It seems there may be a lesser commercial development in the vicinity of the Red Dragon on the other side of the river, as evidenced by Edwyd's Victuals. It was established almost from the very beginning of LEW that there was a forge just off the back door of the Red Dragon, Rurik always used to come in that way instead of by the front door. I don't know that it would be "past Edwyd's Victuals", but certainly in the neighborhood.

I think this is the only mention of Traubon Mithrilaxe in all of LEW, although it might be fun to work his shop into an adventure some tme.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
El Jefe said:
It was established almost from the very beginning of LEW that there was a forge just off the back door of the Red Dragon, Rurik always used to come in that way instead of by the front door. I don't know that it would be "past Edwyd's Victuals", but certainly in the neighborhood.

And it is the forge of Master Drewer, a master blacksmith, that is near the RDI. Not that there can't be two competitor one next to the other, or maybe they are partener.

Remove ads