Thread Recompilation - Places

Manzanita

First Post
Yes. You do good work here El Jefe. It's hypocritical of me to ask you to do more when I haven't even catalogued most of the adventures my PCs have taken. I'll do that in fact. Or I'll put it on my DnD to-do list anyway. :heh:

Rystil Arden

First Post
I could do LPNN, but it isn't a very heroic bardlike tale:

Wererats attacked, harassed, and nearly killed the entire group because they didn't have silver weapons and were weak, plus the wererats had a bat swarm they could control. Then they got silver weapons but weren't attacked by wererats. Then they reached the town where the murdered girl lived and found that the only clue was an alchemist's potion. Moving past a tree that ran away, they found the crazy alchemist with one of the wererats in human form, and they anticlimactically defeated them almost immediately. Unfortunately, they didn't even get to keep the alchemist's spellbook because the town wanted to have him serve hard time healing them, so they left with little more than the weapons of the wererats to sell for gold, plus a small reward.

El Jefe

First Post
Oh, I don't know, the second battle with the wererats was a minor epic. With the right flourishes, you could make something of that.

The last battle was pretty anticlimactic, though. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
El Jefe said:
Oh, I don't know, the second battle with the wererats was a minor epic. With the right flourishes, you could make something of that.

The last battle was pretty anticlimactic, though. :D
If I still remember right, it was more of a disastrous close call in the vein of the last fight of Ashin's Commission, except it was due to harder enemies rather than easy enemies and PC problems.

Ah, Zaeryl--why does he always end up in those things and then find out they're worth almost no XP despite all the trouble? :lol:

El Jefe

First Post
Proposal - Throwing characters

This was a feat proposal that went through a lot of modifications. It seemed there was some support for it, but as far as I can tell, it was never approved.

Absolutely no location information, though.

Velmont

First Post
orsal said:
I had a partly-done summary of M3 for Volidar that I got distracted before completing; I do intend, in time, to have a post in that thread, now ready to include M4.

For those who joined LEW sometime after -- well, after whenever Volidar's Tales was last on the front page -- see here for what Manzanita was talking about. Anybody else want to post on their adventures there?

If you need someone to review your M3 and M4 stories, you can send it to me (julien DOT deslieres AT polymtl DOT ca), I'll be happy to take a look in case you miss something, with the great crash, there is half M3 that has dissapear :( But I am curious what you'll have written on it, as up to now, I think M3 was my favorite adventure I played in.

El Jefe

First Post
Adventure - Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

This was a short adventure, almost a vignette, that took place entirely in Orussus.
  • Gogsmol’s warehouse is in the shabbiest part of the merchant district of Orussus.
  • Gogsmol’s warehouse has been used to store mushrooms.
  • There is a tavern in Orussus called the Drunken Ogre. It is 10 minutes from Gogsmol’s warehouse.
  • Gogsmol’s warehouse is 60’ wide, 200’ deep, and 40’ high.
  • A bouncer enforces a "no shirt, no entry" dress code at the Drunken Ogre tavern in Orussus.
That's it. I said this adventure was short, didn't I?

El Jefe

First Post
General Discussion Thread VIII

I've come to expect these General Discussion Threads to be relatively sparse in Living EnWorld location information. This one was a pleasant surprise.

First, a discussion of Hendralia, copped from the ENWorld Wiki:

A human dominated realm that sits on the eastern border of RivenBlight. The government feels the KingdomOfMedibaria to too old and weak. They would very much like to absorb thier neighbor to the south. The River Roars seperates the two nations and makes it almost impossible to move troops. The only good crossing is the bridge which joins the cities of Hartworth? in Hendrallia to Alerv? in the KingdomOfMedibaria. About two centuries ago the Hendrallians made an attempt to assimilate the diminished kingdom, but their attempt was thwarted by the excellent strategists and fanatic patriotism of the Medibarian army. So far the Elves who live in the lasts to the west have deflected Hendrallian incursion. There is one town called Jarfa where the Hendrallians have begun logging and making life difficult for the Elves of SilverWood. If a diplomatic solution can not be found the Hendrallians may soon find an Elvish army on thier doorstep.

The Human RealmOfHendrallia sits on the Eastern border of the city [Rivenblight], a hostile presence not strong enough to depose the Elves and plunder their city, yet too strong for the Elves to remove.Many eyes look to this Ancient and Rich place, from Lands abroad and Lands Below...
However,Hendrallia sits upon the Eastern border of the City, a land thatfeels no love towards Rivenblight. Indeed, antipathy and even outright hatred for the Elves is kept in check only by the massed might of the Houses,Clans and Guilds theirein, should they ally against an external threat (which they have done before).Hendrallia feels that the Elven city is stiffling it's trade opportunities, as the elven nations were far less organized (thus, Hendrallia fared far better) before the city arose. This is a long-standing Grudge, as Rivenblight was founded some 500 years ago (then known as Beryl), but the hendrallians have a long memory.​
Next, a similar discription of Medibaria:

Medibaria is an entirely landlocked kingdom that relies on trade and reputation for subsistence. In times past, it was the land of the Medibarian dynasty, and though its kings are no longer of that family - and, indeed, in the modern world serve mostly as figureheads - they are still referred to reverently by its people as "The Great Kings." Tradition is the lifeblood of the people, and in even the humblest farmer a strong patriotism and pride in one's country can be found. Where at one point Medibaria stretched across a fair portion of the continent, today it has shrunken to little more than its capital, a single major city, and perhaps two dozen scattered towns. Though they maintain an army, Medibaria has few enemies (or at least few who consider it worth their time). The Kingdom of Medibaria depends on surplus from its vast agricultural system to import most of what it needs, especially metal, for there are few mines left in Medibaria that haven't been exhausted. The town of Brimbor? lies closest to the Dwarven nation under the Stonespike Mountains. It is through this town that most trade with the Dwarves passes. The city of Alerv? is opposite the River Roars from the city of Hartworth? and the hungry RealmOfHendrallia. Two centuries ago the two nations fought a great war. Hendrallia's invasion was entirely unsuccessful due to the excellent strategists and fanatic patriotism of the Medibarian army. A great bridge has since been built across the span of the River Roars, as trade is beneficial to both nations. Regardless, the Medibarians are wary of their neighbor to the north. The current ruler is Great King Ducard XII, though in truth it is his council of advisors that rule the land ably, if not as ambitiously as the lords of times past.

The Academy of the Chromatic OrderHistory: During the heyday of the Medibarian Empire, the Empirial counsel made an attempt to improve their magical power by starting an academy to train and organize their wizards. Wanting nothing but the best, they recruited the greatest wizards in the land to run the Academy. Without a doubt, these three were Mordrue, Sice, and Omega. Of the three, Sice was generally considered the most powerful, though Omega was the master of item creation, and Mordrue, a divinor, was the most knowledgeable. Each was amenable to the idea of starting an Empirial Academy, and the Chromatic Order had an auspicious beginning. Each of the three founders brought with them their apprentices, rich magical treasure and knowledge, and quickly the school attracted many talented students....​
And a number of items on EnWorld in general:

• The Orussus library has an unofficial mentorship program for wizards and a collection of mundane and magical works with a concentration on Divination.
  • Lathirn has a higher percentage of half-orcs than usual.
  • Allimon is ruled jointly by a Wizard’s Council and a Priest’s Council.
  • Ravensdale is nominally ruled by Lord Rehvend but actually ruled by the Merchant’s and Shipper’s Guilds.
  • The Chromatic academy is in the capitol of Medibaria, which is not Tharol but a city named Medibaria.
  • Medibaria city is the city above the "of" in "Kingdom of Medibaria" on the map.
  • Many of the enchantments of the Chromatic Order are bound to the building, and couldn’t be moved to a new site.

Dungannon

First Post
El Jefe said:
[*]Ravensdale is nominally ruled by Lord Rehvend but actually ruled by the Merchant’s and Shipper’s Guilds.
Not to nitpick, but it's Rehvand and you forgot to mention the Bankers Guild. :)

El Jefe

First Post
RehvAnd is correct (my bad) but Merchants, Shippers (and no Bankers) came straight from one of your posts in the thread. :p

Seriously, I don't mind adding bankers if they've got a hand in the till, too.

Remove ads