Thread Recompilation - Places

El Jefe

First Post
Archive - DoS - Azaroth Alone (repost)

This appears to be the first reconstructed thread after the Crash of '06. It was a side thread to Knight Otu's The Dance of Souls, consisting mostly of the interrogation of a PC who had fallen into the hands of a sinister cult who was making use of the Keep's dark magic. There were still a couple of gleanings worthy of note:
  • There is a place in Living EnWorld called the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams.
  • In the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams is a small, windowless room with no furniture and only one door.

LogicsFate

First Post
All right! Here's my reentry post to this particular project, before I left I had a small hand in this (Like a lackey) and seeing it on page 3 filled me with sadness. So, in memory (I guess) of El Jefes amazing work. I will continue my own work here. Ok here we go…

One thread every two day, I try to keep a two week stock. So I don't get behind. Once every two days info or not.

LogicsFate

First Post
Archive - Dervish of sairundan

Weee! PrC with a bit of info on the tribes of Sairudan and their legends.

-Sairundan,
---A land ruled by a loose federation of tribes, nomadic tribes
---It was supposedly founded by several djinn, who passed their knowledge and their blood to the mortals under their care.
---The legends of these times tell that many Sairundani forged alliances with the very winds, granting them great magical powers, tremendous speed, or enormous
strength. However, as the era of the djinn ended, many of its secrets faded from the common knowledge of the tribes.
---The Dervishes of Sairundan are no longer considered to be a part of a single tribe and instead travel far to help any tribes in need or, the world.
---Most tribes send the young people who seem to be promising dervishes to meet --several other tribes, but a few actually send them into distant lands, where they are supposed to pick up new knowledge and as a preparation for their new life --as a dervish.

LogicsFate

First Post
Tavern – City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VIII

[sblock]The part about joe came from the longest character intro I’ve ever seen, Helium 3 should get a reward.(if (s)he were still around.)
-I need to keep the poster in view so my own posts don’t surprise me.[/sblock]

-RDI Info/ Orussus
..-There are chairs for the smaller races in the RDI.
..-Joe’s hearing isn’t too good in his right ear, thanks to getting smacked in the head as a kid, lol
..-Theres a drink called Dragon’s Breath it hisses and can eat through mugs if given a chance.
..-You can get Pale ales, A name or a description?
..-There’s a place called Gwamaw Goodies Attic, some where in orussus, hehe.
..-Orussus, like other coastal towns, has a penchant for sudden showers.(and ominous thunder)

-Monemvasia
..-The fish-men of Monemvasia are restless.
..-At least one of Monemvasia’s flag’s colors is purple.
..-There a place called the Old Wolf Inn in Mv.
..- Prince Medius, a prince in Mv. has an associate by the name of Edgar Vossinvinger(M Quests)
..-In Mv. There is a noble house by the name Irontower
..-The dark tower upon grey is the crest of House Irontower of Mv., a family of knights sworn to Sela

-Ravensdale
..-Ravensdale has a Merchant Advisory Council.
..-The MAC has a representative by the name of Ms. LeCriox(Hired Hands)

-Freefolk
..-"The wandering soul? Founder of the Freefolk? Twas a great man, from what I hear, or perhaps a god. I did what came to him, and followed to where his heart lead him. While perhaps the ultimate loner, he knew of the need and compassion for others, and was hospitable and welcoming to those in need. It is said the freefolk live by his way, perhaps in his shadow, forming their family from those who wander. The bond of the life can be thicker than blood to those of the folk."

-Duvik
..-Duvik is a village, well small town really, in the Stonepike mountains.
..-Duvik has silver mines.
..-Duvik is an isolated place, far from the centres of learning and politics. The people are simple folk, and superstitious.

-Random World Snipets
..-There’s a place called Briarton, somewhere.
..-There is a place called Silverwood, somewhere.
..-There’s a place called Halls of Stonepike, somewhere many miles away
..-Theres a book by the title Tome of Magical Arts
..-There’s a Dwarven clan in the Stonespike Mountains called “Clan of the Iron Mountain.”
..-There is a village named Otun, somewhere.
..-The PC Enialis McVayne claims to be from a farm just west of here. >.<
..-Among Antonidas’ followers are Arcane Curates(spell slingers)
..-Sairundani language is related to the air elemental language.
..-A group of psions or at least a culture with psionics live to the far west.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
.-The dark tower upon grey is the crest of House Irontower of Medibaria, a family of Knights sworn to Sela

See--I needed this a long time ago when I asked for all extant Medibaria snippets. Now that I've fleshed out Medibaria (and based on some names I've seen before, including those given by Manzanita in the genesis of the Academy), Irontower isn't a Medibarian name at all, and they don't have an official order of Knights (though I suppose they could mean 'knights' without the capital 'K', just like fighters or paladins on horses. That could work. Maybe Irontower was a translation into Common of the actual Old Medibarian name. Medibarians usually would not refer to a family as 'House', although outlanders might, so that's perfectly reasonable if Irontower is also a translation. If someone must this tidbit further, let's go with those ideas.)

Knight Otu

First Post
LogicsFate said:
-Monemvasia
..-In Mv. There is a noble house by the name Irontower

-Random World Snipets
..-The dark tower upon grey is the crest of House Irontower of Medibaria, a family of Knights sworn to Sela
Convergent naming, or should either Mediabaria be Monemvassia, or vice versa?
Edit - it appears that it all would belong in the Medibaria corner, courtesy of Nimisgod's PC William Irontower.
LogicsFate said:
..-There is a village named Otun, somewhere.
I think it comes up somewhere, but it's "somewhere, in the Bainlund Hills."

As a sidenote, you can indent paragraphs by using the [indent][/indent tags.​

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Convergent naming, or should either Mediabaria be Monemvassia, or vice versa?
Edit - it appears that it all would belong in the Medibaria corner, courtesy of Nimisgod's PC William Irontower.

Nimisgod's character was supposed to be Medibarian? Zounds! Why didn't he speak up way back when--I pretty much literally stalled my adventure for several weeks soliciting all known Medibaria facts. That's actually troublesome...especially since he called himself that. The character is not active, right? Do you think it might have been a typo for Monemvassia? I mean, Monemvassia seems to have famous orders of knights and also practise knighting people, plus the nomenclature matches better. If there's any way we could make that shift, it would be great.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'd rather not go back and change other characters' backgrounds. Part of the fun of a living world is dealing with these little incongruencies in clever and original ways. It's one thing ignoring the background of a character who never set foot in the Red Dragon Inn, but it's another thing entirely if the character has gained experience and was played by such an involved player as Nimisgod.

Is there absolutely no room in Medibaria for an order of knights? It is a kingdom, and they maintain an army. I don't see how knights are ruled out.

My own gnome, Fimble, has some information on the Medibarian-Hendralian War in his background. Did you find that in your search?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I'd rather not go back and change other characters' backgrounds. Part of the fun of a living world is dealing with these little incongruencies in clever and original ways. It's one thing ignoring the background of a character who never set foot in the Red Dragon Inn, but it's another thing entirely if the character has gained experience and was played by such an involved player as Nimisgod.

Is there absolutely no room in Medibaria for an order of knights? It is a kingdom, and they maintain an army. I don't see how knights are ruled out.

My own gnome, Fimble, has some information on the Medibarian-Hendralian War in his background. Did you find that in your search?
My search was a solicitation for information, so I only found what people told me (until eventually one of the judges told me that I had all of the info and that Medibaria's creator was gone, so I could do what I wanted). If you check my first response, my first reaction is that they could be knights with a lowercase 'k'--noble and powerful fighters and paladins in the service of Medibaria. That's not the big deal to me--it's actually the name--if the person who used that name was the PC himself, it's problematic. That also means that we have a PC who was Medibarian, and he wasn't at all culturally Medibarian from what I've seen of him (completely not Nimisgod's fault, of course!).

So I propose the following, which thankfully fits in with what we have so far (since it only says a 'family', not a noble family, and they are sworn in service to Sela, not Medibaria):

[SBLOCK=No longer used idea]After the collapse of the Medibarian Empire, priests of the Sister of Stone felt that the Mason's hands were needed to stabilise the situation. However, the Medibarians did not have a native church of Sela, so a small group of evangelical Selites attempted to move into the unstable dying empire. At first they were persecuted, ostracised, and unwanted, but as they selflessly continued to rebuild buildings and infrastructure that had fallen into disrepair, even for the same people who treated them so badly, they began to grow a small core of followers, people who were inspired by the good works of these missionaries.

Even today, Sela is still not a major figure in Medibarian worship, though she is moreso in the smaller towns than in the big city. However, she is thought well of by most Medibarians, to the point that all but the noble families treat the descendants of those missionaries as equals and fellow Medibarians--to the point where they've married into the populace too. The most esteemed of these families are the Irontowers, originally knights from Monemvassia before they came over with the other Selites to aid the Medibarians, who have established an order of knights in service of the main temple of Sela, which is out in the Medibarian countryside near a large marble quarry. The Irontowers are responsible for the protection and upkeep of the temple.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads