Three new Star Wars movies

MGibster

Legend
I like Daisy Ridley. I like Rey. I am happy she is getting the chance to bring the character back in new circumstances.

....that said, The Rise of Skywalker and everything around it (especially the discourse and retreat from TLJ) remains such a sore point with me that I'm not sure I want to revisit it anytime soon.
This is exactly the same position I'm in. The last triology was so bad that I am not planning on seeing anything new in the theater. If we get fantastic reviews I'll give it a chance, but otherwise I don't plan on touching it with a 10 foot pole. Which is a shame, because Daisy Ridley and the rest of the actors are blameless so far as I'm concerned.

Dioltach

Legend
The Star Wars people have won back a lot of my goodwill with The Mandalorian and especially Andor. I'll hope they've learned from some of the mistakes they made with the sequel trilogy, and give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

pukunui

Legend
My immediate response is "Meh." I'm not super interested in an attempt to wring another trilogy out of the existing storyline, though I'm open to being convinced.
It’s not a trilogy. One movie is set in the distant past and is a “biblical” epic about the birth of the Jedi Order.

One is a Filoni-led film that will wrap up the Mando/Boba/Ahsoka series.

The third is about Rey starting a new Jedi Order 15 years after the sequel trilogy.

They should have a thrawn trilogy with the Ashoka characters and cameos with the originals instead of the 1 we got
I wouldn’t be surprised if Thrawn is the BBEG for Filoni’s movie.

New Jedi Order? Please tell me we're not seeing the introduction of the Yuuzhan Vong.
As much as I want to see more of Daisy Ridley as Rey, I sure hope this story won’t involve them. They need to stay in the Legends category for sure.

That said, I can’t really see them having mainstream appeal what with their sado-masochistic bio-engineering schtick.

pukunui

Legend
Hopefully the universe will simply... be, and they won't reference the last trilogy much. Not sure Taika Waititi is the right guy for a Star Wars movie, though I do very much like his stuff.
I love Taika Waititi, and I'd love to see what he'd do in the Star Wars universe, but I agree that his sensibility is not a great match for what we've seen so far.
What did you both think of the Mandalorian season 1 finale? I ask because Taika directed that episode. I’m pretty sure the success of that episode was one of the reasons he is getting his own movie.

Remove ads