• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thumbs up to SkeletonKey Games e-Adventure Tiles

JoeGKushner

First Post
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to SkeletonKey Games e-Adventure Tiles.

Ed does some fantastic work on these and I've found them very easy to customize for my own games and have used them on many occassions.

How about other people? Like 'em? Dislike 'em? Like the Fiery Dragon Dungeon Tiles also by the same catographer?

Crothian

First Post
I don't have many of them and my lousy printer makes it so I really don't use them....but they'd be great if I had access to better printing and actually used minis ;)

JoeGKushner

First Post
I am a little surprised that Ed hasn't done any counters of his own.

His art style is different enough from Claudois that I think the market could handle two of 'em.

I'd like something like the old Steve Jackson files where the things are meant to stand up though as opposed to actual counters.

SkeletonKey Ed

Explorer
Thanks Joe! I'm glad you like them and it is always good to hear that people are getting good use out of them.

For my own games, I use mostly the wilderness sets. I find that having only a few printed out will go a long way by just rearanging them on the table. The Dungeons I print on a balck and white laser printer because the toner goes a lot farther than the color ink cartridges. This way is isn't any heartbreak to make notes on them and such.

The FREE promo is now over, sorry if you missed it. Below are links to two sets that have always been FREE

Fungus Caves http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=433&products_id=2186

and

Annual Vol. 1 http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=433&products_id=3634

ENworld and its members have played a large part in the success of these tiles and I'm happy to give back.

Cheers -

Ed Bourelle
SkeletonKey Games

Last edited:

SkeletonKey Ed

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
I am a little surprised that Ed hasn't done any counters of his own.

His art style is different enough from Claudois that I think the market could handle two of 'em.

I'd like something like the old Steve Jackson files where the things are meant to stand up though as opposed to actual counters.

I don't have the speed that Claudio has to turn out enough illustrations to make a good size colletion. That said, look out for some counters of a little bit differnt nature.

- Ed

Shallown

First Post
I have bought about eight of the sets and use them quite a bit. I have several large maps 3X4 feet or so of the wilderness tiles. I have a light and heavy wodded one and a ruin one etc. We usually only use one side of the map or so in an encounter so by coming on the map froma different direction makes it almost a different map.

Thanks ed

JoeGKushner said:
How about other people? Like 'em? Dislike 'em? Like the Fiery Dragon Dungeon Tiles also by the same catographer?

I love Ed's tiles. I think I have 22 of the sets at this point, and will probably buy a few more soon. My group also likes them, as they are fast to layout on the table (faster than drawing on the battlemat in many cases) and give a nice look to the table. the only problem I have with them is they suck ink out of my printer cartridge quite fast, so I usually print most of them in b&w except for the ones that really need to be in color.

I'm not quite as keen on the tiles from Fiery Dragon. They are nice looking, but the selection of tiles isn't very big. Plus, they are a different size than the tiles that Ed sells on RPGNow, which makes for some mismatched tiles when used together on the table. I don't remember the dimensions off hand, but I think the Fiery Dragon tiles are 5"x5", while the pdf tiles are 8"x8".

BSF

Explorer
I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to take Ed up on this offer! Do it, they are fun tiles and I have stopped using most of my write and wipe methods. Especially out of doors.

One thing that would be really cool Ed would be terrain tiles with a little more variance in elevation. You have great stuff, but being able to do a valley floor or canyon (read ambush points) as well as some stuff for the folks with Balance, jump and tumble to play with would be great.

Another thing would be just a sheet of boulders, logs, bushes and trees. I do this with a few of your tiles already. I will print it out and then cut out the terrain so I can arrange to my heart's desire. But a few pages of accessories would be really cool. Especially fallen trees. Again, good for dropping onto the table for an ambush. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads