• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thunderbirds AAARRRGGGHHH!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I was *so* looking forward to the big screen thunderbirds, it had the possibility of being brilliant.

Then I saw the new trailer on www.apple.com/trailers

What have they done? They've turned it into a kids save the world movie ?!?!

As a kid I thrilled to the exploits of the thunderbirds team. What makes the idiots think that it wouldn't still appeal to kids today in that format so they have to put kids in centre stage and sideline scott, virgil and the others?

I can't remember when I've ever been so disappointed at what is being done with a movie.

:( :( :( :(

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Fact is, kids would be all over the mechandising even if it had been all about adults in thunderbirds 1-5. It's not like it stopped it happening last time, eh?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Plane Sailing said:
Fact is, kids would be all over the mechandising even if it had been all about adults in thunderbirds 1-5. It's not like it stopped it happening last time, eh?
True but only fans would know that - Hollywood is not about fans. ;)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Plane Sailing said:
As a kid I thrilled to the exploits of the thunderbirds team. What makes the idiots think that it wouldn't still appeal to kids today in that format so they have to put kids in centre stage and sideline scott, virgil and the others?

Probably the fact that movies for kids that have kids in the starring roles tend to get better gross at the box office than movies for kids that have adults in the starring roles.

Remove ads