D&D 5E Tiefling´s horns & tail

Tiefling´s horns & tail

Hi,

I want to play a Tiefling.

The horns count as natural weapons in which I have proficiency, right? Does anyone know the damage that the horns can make?

The tail is four to five ft long which lash or coils... can I grab things with it? If I cant grab things with it may I use it in any other way (like boosting a jump, use it to push or pull things, use it for adding balance, for propelling while swimming, etc.)? The PHB doesn't mention anything so anyone uses a home brew rule for this?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Klaus

First Post
Hi,

I want to play a Tiefling.

The horns count as natural weapons in which I have proficiency, right?

Nope. Tiefling horns aren't natural weapons. If you try to attack with them, they would be improvised weapons, or unarmed strikes (at best).

The tail is four to five ft long which lash or coils... can I grab things with it? If I cant grab things with it may I use it in any other way (like boosting a jump, use it to push or pull things, use it for adding balance, for propelling while swimming, etc.)? The PHB doesn't mention anything so anyone uses a home brew rule for this?

Tiefling tails aren't prehensible. They're -- at best -- akin to cat's tails. As for helping with jumping, swimming, etc, you could just take proficiency in Athletics and describe it as the character using the tail to help.

Thanks in advance for your comments![/QUOTE]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
All this being said... if you did want the possibility of your tiefling horns able to be used as damage-dealing appendages, if you talk to your DM you both might be able to come up with a compromise using rules for horns that the Minotaur got in the Waterborne Adventures article. You could trade out one of the tiefling racial abilities (like maybe some of their minor magic spells) and swap in the Minotaur's horn rules. Your specific tiefling is much less magical than most others are, but the horn he has are much longer and stronger.

If you and your DM can agree on it, it's not going to be a big issue and you'll have fun with it.

Remove ads