Time For Another Round Of Iron Dm!!!

Rune

Once A Fool
MasterOfHeaven said:
I just have to say both Wichts and Runes entries are incredibly good. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to pick between them. Great work, guys.

Why, thank you! In all honesty, so am I!

Rune

Once A Fool
nemmerle said:
Ok, I have read over the two entries and DAMN! this is going to be really close. . .

I guess I should choose the winner based on whose name comes first alphabetically. . . ;)

Or perhaps based on who has the most letters in their name. . . ;)

Or maybe. . . I can read them again and again very closely and try hard to determine a winner. . .

Yeah, I guess I will do the third :(

You could flip a coin.;)

Rune

Once A Fool
Re: Bowing out for the setting contest

Vaxalon said:
I have decided that I am going to save my creative energies for the WotC setting contest. Unless you are willing to delay my defense of my title until after the deadline (june 21) I willingly relinquish it.

I must conserve my creative energies.

Personally, I see it another way. I tend to believe that frequently using my creative energies tends to open the flow of creativity and allow me easier access.

Wicht

Hero
Re: Re: Bowing out for the setting contest

Rune said:
Personally, I see it another way. I tend to believe that frequently using my creative energies tends to open the flow of creativity and allow me easier access.

I agree. Personally I think this contest is an excellent excercise in creative writing.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Creative Writing Exercises

It's more than that, because it's so focused. I teach a creative writing exercise called "fiction stew" which works about the same way.

Here, though, we work on stuff that's a bit more specific than a simple short story -- we need to worry about hooks for PCs, about how generic or specific to make the setting, how grand or small to make the scope of the adventure, etc. It's an excellent excercise, and I would consider it GREAT preparation for the WOTC Setting proposal thing.

Now, TIME might be something else entirely. I know only too well that we don't have all the time in the world, and perhaps making one thing a bigger priority than the other is good time management. But I don't subscribe to the idea that we have limited creative energies. Abilities, yes, for some of us. As you'll see when I get bounced in the next round.

-rg

mmadsen

First Post
As a gentle reminder, for anyone interested in posting their own responses, I've greated an Iron DM "Home Game" thread. Feel free to post an adventure using any of the already used ingredient lists.

Also, feel free to critique the responses so far. I'd especially enjoy seeing some good nemmerlesque criticism.

Remove ads