• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Time of Vengeance

hero4hire

Explorer
Torque and Fusion; Waterfront District

Fiona aka Fusion prowls the city streets, as she happens by the waterfront district she spots a teenager skating across the street heading for the docks. The very same area that had been closed off earlier today by agents of AEGIS. As the teen rounds a corner and is out of sight her keen instincts strike her as something not quite being right with the skater.

Jared rounds a corner and is on his last leg to the Docks.
He sees a convenient alleyway to discreetly change before arriving.

Tendril and Shaolin Beaver; Millenium Mall

Kelly’s friends laugh as they walk past the line and note the Talking Beaver. “Whatever Beaver’s are so last year anyway!” one of her friends comments, before almost getting bowled over by a man in a leather trenchcoat and wearing bright yellow Mickey Mouse ears.

The graying man ahead of the Beaver laughs a bit. “Yeah man! Foghat still rocks man. By the way, stay away from the Brown Acid man. Cuz I dropped some earlier and you are totally freaking me out right now. You and especially that guy man!”. The old Hippie points. Shaolin and everyone sees a 5 foot tall humanoid rat emerge from a Janitor’s Trash Bin being pushed by Yellow masked men in trenchcoats.

The men in the ridiculous cowls brandish uzis and fire into the air. People scream and many start to duck or run but are cornered off by some of the henchmen.

The Ratman jumps atop the bin and yells in a squeaky voice. “Yes it is I, The Mallrat; scourge of shopping malls everywhere. You will all throw your valuables into this bin or my Mousy Minions will turn you all into SWISS CHEESE!”

MALLRAT
untitled-2.jpg

MOUSY MINIONS
437677520_adebbcb177.jpg

Rumble and Genesis; Trinity Hospital

The cop regards the two heroes. “I dunno. The Captain says he’s been getting chewed out for our precinct being too lazy and letting all you hero types do our jobs for us. Maybe we should let the Detectives handle it.”

The Cop, obviously a fresh-faced rookie seems to have his doubts.

Shayuri

First Post
Genesis stares at the rookie for a moment, then shakes her head.

"Wait a second...I hope you're not implying that the Freedom City Police are going to let some kind of weird over-defensive compensation stand between criminals and justice...are you? How about standing between innocent victims, and freedom?"

She tries to grab Rumble's shoulder...can't...and settles for his elbow. "This man has a friend who vanished! Are you going to be the one telling him that his friend will never be seen again, because the FCPD feels a little threatened by having too much help?"

"And you! You're an officer of the peace. You took an -oath- mister. To protect and to serve the people of Freedom City...not the ego of some police chief! How are YOU going to sleep tonight, knowing you might have turned away the people who could have saved these poor abductees?"

She plants her fists on her hips.

"I charge you, in the name of all that is right and good...stand aside, and let us help to save these innocents!"

hero4hire

Explorer
Genesis and Rumble; Trinity Hospital

The Rookie's face blanches and he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Alright just dont tell Detective Anderson." he says sheepishly as he steps aside.

Okay you are in..Actions?

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Tendril

Kelly thinks to herself "Ok, ok, I've planned for this.. this my moment."

She looks around and ducks into a restroom for a quick change into a green unitard. She emerges a minute later walking on 2 tendrils holding her about a foot off the ground.

"Stop right there you nasty fuzz ball. Why don't you crawl back down whatever hole you came out of and leave the good people of this city alone."

"Ewww, why did it have to be a rat. Oh god I look ridiculous in this" She thinks to herself.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rumble had been caught even more off-guard than the rookie at Genesis' speech. As they walk past, Rumble can't take his eyes off of Genesis, brows raised in surprise. Once they're out of the cops ear-shot, he comments "Damn babe, remind me not ta tick you off ever. And thanks fer the help" He grins and looks around. "so.. I actually didn't really have a plan 'bout this, was just gonna come and see what they'd found so far. Youse gots any ideas?"

[sblock=ooc]
Not the biggest thinker. ;) srry[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Tendril and Shaolin Beaver; Millenium Mall

Kelly’s friends laugh as they walk past the line and note the Talking Beaver. “Whatever Beaver’s are so last year anyway!” one of her friends comments, before almost getting bowled over by a man in a leather trenchcoat and wearing bright yellow Mickey Mouse ears.

The graying man ahead of the Beaver laughs a bit. “Yeah man! Foghat still rocks man. By the way, stay away from the Brown Acid man. Cuz I dropped some earlier and you are totally freaking me out right now. You and especially that guy man!”. The old Hippie points. Shaolin and everyone sees a 5 foot tall humanoid rat emerge from a Janitor’s Trash Bin being pushed by Yellow masked men in trenchcoats.

The men in the ridiculous cowls brandish uzis and fire into the air. People scream and many start to duck or run but are cornered off by some of the henchmen.

The Ratman jumps atop the bin and yells in a squeaky voice. “Yes it is I, The Mallrat; scourge of shopping malls everywhere. You will all throw your valuables into this bin or my Mousy Minions will turn you all into SWISS CHEESE!”

"Ok, ok, I've planned for this.. this my moment."

She looks around and ducks into a restroom for a quick change into a green unitard. She emerges a minute later walking on 2 tendrils holding her about a foot off the ground.

"Stop right there you nasty fuzz ball. Why don't you crawl back down whatever hole you came out of and leave the good people of this city alone."

Edward looks at the Mallrat, back at the tripper in line for tickets, and then at the oddly costumed girl riding...plant tendrils?

"Please hold my place in line," Edward says. He then drops to all fours and scuttles across the floor, ducking and dodging from kiosk to kiosk, trying to remain concealed from the Mallrat and the gunmen.

The element of surprise is the essence of Preying Mantis Style, Edward reminds himself as he tries to move unseen into striking distance against the gunmen.

Edward's Stealth check (1d20+13=28)

Insight

Adventurer
Hero4Hire said:
Jared rounds a corner and is on his last leg to the Docks.
He sees a convenient alleyway to discreetly change before arriving.

Jared watches around the alley, making sure he's not been seen or followed, then quickly changes into his hero costume.

Once he's done this, Torque appears and goes to find whomever is in charge of this operation.

Thanee

First Post
Fusion

Slowly, Fusion drives into the waterfront district, moving past warehouses and dark alleys. She watches for anything unusual, though she doesn't expect much, considering the police has been here for several hours already... but you never knew.

And while skating is hardly a crime, she keeps the teenager in sight for a moment, that is until he vanishes out of sight around some corner.

Remove ads