• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TITANSGRAVE Episode 5 - Staff of Forlorn Hope

Staff of Forlorn Hope is Chapter 5 of Wil Wheaton's RPG show - and it's now up! "After escaping the Nestoran streets and seeking “refuge” in the sewers, the party is taken to an elevator which leads directly to Mr. Voss. Like all mysterious benefactors, Mr. Voss has a proposition for the party: retrieve the Staff of Forlorn Hope and in return, receive an extravagant amount of gold and an even more extravagant party. Such fetch quests are nothing for our heroes, but will this one in particular turn out to be more than it seems?" Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana is an RPG campaign written by Wil Wheaton and others, and based on Green Ronin's upcoming Fantasy AGE ruleset (due out for PDF release at Gen Con and as a 96-page hardcover later).

Staff of Forlorn Hope is Chapter 5 of Wil Wheaton's RPG show - and it's now up! "After escaping the Nestoran streets and seeking “refuge” in the sewers, the party is taken to an elevator which leads directly to Mr. Voss. Like all mysterious benefactors, Mr. Voss has a proposition for the party: retrieve the Staff of Forlorn Hope and in return, receive an extravagant amount of gold and an even more extravagant party. Such fetch quests are nothing for our heroes, but will this one in particular turn out to be more than it seems?" Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana is an RPG campaign written by Wil Wheaton and others, and based on Green Ronin's upcoming Fantasy AGE ruleset (due out for PDF release at Gen Con and as a 96-page hardcover later).
[video=youtube;DKUrhd5uRVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKUrhd5uRVw[/video]​

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
TITANSGRAVE Episode 4 - Staff of Forlorn Hope

[video=youtube;DKUrhd5uRVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKUrhd5uRVw[/video]​

Dahak

Explorer
The official youtube version is supposed to be public on Friday. It's intended as a Geek & Sundry exclusive until Friday. This was the best episode so far, like epithet said.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Production value is king. I'll recommend these videos over all other actual play footage I've seen. If only Jeremy Irons was in it...

I have to re-examine a previous comment of mine, though. I suspected that Wil was throwing in extra tests to showcase the game's rules. It doesn't look that way anymore. Now, I'm struggling to see how AGE differs from other RPGs, especially D&D. The main difference I see is that armor reduces damage, and I really can't get a feel for how stunting is a good thing. It just seems to happen.

Two Cheetos up though, for weaving character backgrounds into the story, and keeping the game moving (even if that's a result of the editing process). I'm enjoying episode six, and anticipating another GM Tips with Wil.

colinfit20

Explorer
Do you think they'll advertise both books on you tube before Gen Con or have it unveiled there so to speak?

By that I mean we get to see a copy of the book prior to it going on sale.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads