• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To ALL ENWorlders: Did you play 1E AD&D?

Did you play or DM 1E AD&D?

• Yes

Votes: 315 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 20.5%

Glyfair

Explorer
Odhanan said:
It does not refer to other (previous and later) editions of the game and does not include games that only included bits and pieces of the system.

I wonder where you draw the line. From previous threads it's clear that a minority of players used all of the AD&D rules (Weapon Speed, for example, most groups ignored).

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Never played it straight-up as written, but I voted "yes" as I still see our modified version being, at its heart, AD+D 1e; and that's what it is based on.

A good corollary poll would of course be "are you *currently* playing/DMing AD+D" to which I would also vote "yes" on the same basis.

Lanefan

hero4hire

Explorer
I have played every (published) incarnation of D&D since age 7.

Though I didn't get a chance to play a LOT until I was 12 and my school has a D&D Club. :D

Dang! 31+ years....

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
As soon as it was printed. However, I've also played every other iteration as well, and most other RPGs that came out (at least once, but some no more than once). Heck, I even played Chivalry and Sorcery.

Templetroll

Explorer
I started gaming when I was 24 years old with OD&D, PrincCon variation. Most of my gaming in the 80's was 1e with some Champions in the mix. We were gaming almost every weekend both Saturday and Sunday unless I had to work. It was a blast.

I've played more 1e published modules in the last 10 years, however because the group I was with everyone had their homebrew worlds and ran their own created adventures.

Remove ads