To tame the Stonelands.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
( Hah. I almost overlooked this bit of detail, but because of your ring you only need 2 hours of sleep on the days you don't spend any spells. So how does Launa spend the rest of nights? In her tent or on the battlements? Or doing something else? )

When she's not resting shes is practicing her martial maneuvers or meditating, she likes to keep an even balance on the two.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
(Okay that's good.)

It is the middle of night and you are roused from your meditation by blast of alarm horn from the stonewall, and immediatily after that the sound of steel clashing together and cries of battle.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Launa reels. By all thats holy.

She steps out of her tent, sword in hand. "Corax, whaere are you," Launa screamingly questions. She grabs the next soldier that runs past her by whatever loose material they may be wearing "you, I'm sorry to be rough, but I want this area lit. I want all possible light sources burning. Make sure it happens, I want to be able to see who dares attack this encampment."

Blackrat

"Aye ma'am!" the soldier answers and changes direction back to the camp. "Torches! We need light! Now!"

There is already a hassle in the camp as all the soldiers on ready duty gather their weapons and start running towards the wall. Also those sleeping are quickly getting up and starting to don their gear.

Running to the area yourself you see Corax already running before you there. He's not wearing his heavy armor though, instead having on a very light looking chainmail.

Also Rage and his apprentices are coming from the camp behind you. You can be proud, the whole camp seems well trained to handle emergencies, and get up as quickly as possible.

Blackrat

You run up to Corax and he turns his attention to you. "Not yet ma'am! Let's form up there." He points to a spot under the biggest rock on the "wall", right next to the chokepoint where the fighting is going on. As the other warriors start pouring in, he issues orders to go and help the defenders and take positions in the gaps of the wall. One of the guards yels from the front: "Orcs! We have orcs!"

You see that from behind some of the workers are bringing torches. It seems the soldier you gave the order was pretty efficient.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Divine Power: STR 19/Longsword Attack +13/+13/+8 & HP 72 for 8 rounds

Okay, Corax, lets do our best to defend the encampment. I do want one or two of these orcs alive for questioning.

Launa casts Magic Vestment [8 hour duration] on Coraxs' Armor (+2 to his AC) then targets Corax for Bull's Strength (+2 to hit and damage) [8 minute duration].

Finally, she casts Divine Power on herself, readying herself for combat then heads over to the spot under the big rock.

Blackrat

Aye, I'll take a squad round to their flank. If you have any magic that lets you, I'd suggest seeking out their leaders. Orcs usually lead from the rear.

At that he gathers ten of the Ravens and starts circling around to flank the enemy.

The men with the torches have arrived by now and are moving to position behind the first line. You also see Rage and his two apprentices coming from the camp.

Blackrat

You take yourself to the gap where the fighting is heaviest and see that eventhough your troops have managed to bottle-neck the enemy there is a thick mass of orcs just outside as far as the light shines. And to your horror you notice a lighting strike from the sky hits approximately where Corax just charged.

Remove ads