To tame the Stonelands.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
It doesn't seem to be very receptive for your attempts at communication but when you speak in celestial, the creature snarls and shows its fangs in a very wolflike manner.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
"I wonder if you know healing magic when you see it." Launa speaks in common tongue. She tries to gets it attention as she begins to cast Cure Light Wounds. She drops her sword and slowly calmly walks up the creature, hands open and out for it to see. She knows it doesn't understand her but she speaks softly and caringly, hopefully trying to convey a message of peacefullness.

OOC: Diplo check? Diplomacy check (1d20+12=26))

Blackrat

Your soothing voice seems to have an effect as it cocks its head, looking at you curiously, but nonetheless, as you approach the creature it alerts and vanishes once again. Either it turned invisible or teleported away as it did the last time.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Blackrat said:
Your soothing voice seems to have an effect as it cocks its head, looking at you curiously, but nonetheless, as you approach the creature it alerts and vanishes once again. Either it turned invisible or teleported away as it did the last time.
"We need to take stock of the native language and become fluent in the most common ones or we're seriouslygonna get are asses whupped out here", Launa says to her troupe as she walks back to them. She picks up her sword and continues back home.

Blackrat

"Any of us could teach you goblin and I think few of us speak orcish too." The sergeant responds to your pondering. A day later you arrive back to the site. It looks like they have managed to get one hut almost done. It was good that you had some ready bricks brought in with the caravan. Speeds up the initial building-process.

OOC: So, what do you want to do? I'll type you an intel-report about what the scouts have found from the surroundings in next post, if that helps.

Blackrat

Corax comes to personally meet you and inform you of the survey of nearby area. There are two goblin tribes to northwest and north of you within days reach. They seem to be engaged in mutual rivalry of hunting grounds. There is also a cave a bit to the north that is unusually warm and had foul stench coming from it. The scouts didn't dare to check it out more thoroughly. And lastly, there has been seen shadowy figures moving outside the perimeter during nights. They quickly disperse however if anyone approaches. Some footprints have been found that suggest light humanoids.

Blackrat

( Hah. I almost overlooked this bit of detail, but because of your ring you only need 2 hours of sleep on the days you don't spend any spells. So how does Launa spend the rest of nights? In her tent or on the battlements? Or doing something else? )

Remove ads