• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the Noble Born. (finished)

Jack of Tales

First Post
I've been away for the past week and will be leaving again in a few days for a month. As such I won't be able to continue any of the Pbp games I've been involved in. Although i must say that this was the most interesting one and perhaps the only one that I'd love to rejoin when I come back from my semi-unplanned trip.

I'm very sorry for this and very much hope that no one is angry for this. So good luck everyone and Evilhalfling, I will be around for the next three days if we can work somethign out where I can rejoin the game. If you'd rather just remove the character then that will work too.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
well Jack I really appreciate the notice.
If you want to particpate in the current fight, your welcome to do so.
The simplest thing for me would for your new form to vanish into the wilderness, (taken over by animalistic issues - showing up unexpectedly when you want to return. If you want to try a different solution im open.

The party can run with four people, so thats what we will do for a while.

knight_isa

First Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure that he's using Knowledge Arcana untrained, with +5 for Skill Focus. Upon further inspection, it looks like he forgot his bonus human skill, though.

Code:
Trained Skills (8 Rogue + 3 Int Mod + 1 Human + Feat + Multiclass)

Skill Name:  Skill Mod: (Trained +1/2 Lev. +Ab. Mod +Tool)
R1 Acrobatics:           7 (5 +1 +1)
R2 Deception:            9/10 (5 +1 +1 +2 Kit/+3 Familiar)
R3 Cryptomancy:          9 (5 +1 +3)
R4 Disable Device:       11, 9 (5 +1 +3 +2; 5 +1 +1 +2)
R5 Gather Information:   7, 9 (5 +1 +1; 5 +1 +3)
SF Knowledge: Arcana:    9 (5 +1 +3)
R6 Perception:           7, 9 (5 +1 -1 +2; 5 +1 +3)
R7 Persuasion:           7 (5 +1 +1)
R8 Sleight of Hand:      8 (5 +1 +2)
W1 Spellcraft:           9 (5 +1 +3)
I1 Stealth:              8 (5 +1 +2)
I2 Survival:             5 (5 +1 -1)
I3 Use Magic Device:     7 (5 +1 +1)
H  ???
R# = Rogue class skill
I# = Int bonus skill (Rogue class list)
W1 = Wizard multiclass skill (Wizard class list)
H = human bonus skill (Rogue class list)

So, it looks like I could promote Athetics to be a Trained Skill, and move Know:Arc to the untrained list and just note the +5 from Skill Focus.

Or am I missing something?

WarShrike

First Post
I seem to recall that most or all classes got reduced skill points at character creation, to fit in with the switch from individual skills to skill groups.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Apparently I decided to penalize the rouge 1 skill, so they only get 7. everyone else stays the same.
I will add this detail to the opening post.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
How are we doing on pacing?
I always feel nervous skipping players who haven't posted recently, especially if they have been on ENworld in the meantime. If your tired of the game let me know, or if you have any feedback that would be good to. The internet kills a lot of nuance in reactions.

Not that this stops me from skipping ahead. Any options on the skip or wait more time for response posts?

Ill probably post about the next round tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Speaking only for myself, I would expect to be NPCd if I neglected to post anything in 2 days. I try posting once a day at least, but sometimes I lose track of the game. NPCing me can serve as a reminder that the game is still going. ;)

I like the pacing so far. Evilhalfling tends to post updates in the morning, giving me the rest of the day to think of a response.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
hit points d4=3, d6=5, d8=6, d10=8 d12=3 (barbies suck :p )

Feats can be from Core, XPH, Comp Adventurer, or by request.
skills do not improve at 3rd level.

Remove ads