To the Noble Born. (finished)

WarShrike

First Post
I thought Haikus had 4 words, then 5, then 4 again.
Mr. Garison explained it thus: Haikus are Japaneese poems that have 4 words in the first line, then 5, then 4, except that they don't rhyme and are totally stupid. :p

Go Cows!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
So in case I had not mentioned it, today (june 4) is my wife's due date.
We are expecting our first child, a daughter. :)
everything is going fine, abiet slowly.

So at some point in the next week or so, I will be disappearing for a few days. My tabletop game ended a few weeks ago and I will be taking at least 2 months off from in-person gaming, but I plan on continuing this PbP game, although my posting hours will get wierder.

Jack has been gone since the 29th, so I will continue NPC Cait for a while.

BTW
I was not expecting for you guys to try and turn the Mercs, that would have been hilarious. It looks like violence is now ineveitable, but this is what I came up with:

Re-buying the mercs : If offered 1-66gp @ -2 diplomacy,
>120gp @ + 0, or if <180 @+2
They start unfriendly: dc 25 to make friendly, dc 40 to helpful.
Friendly will keep them from engaging, and they will withdraw. “We ain’t gonna grab nobles and fight merchants on a highway."
Helpful and they will turn on One-eye.

(in practice One-eye also made a counter-diplomacy attempt: total 18)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Thanks guys everything is going well. Tomorrow is my last day off, then back to work which prolly means regular posting. The baby continues to be a delight - the strange sleep pattern is less so.

Anyway about Denka's Second Wind question. I think it should stay per day instead of per encounter, because that is the way all the other powers are balanced. Not that there is a lot of difference in the game so far.

I would be okay with removing the 1/2 hit point restriction. It was there mostly too avoid people healing completely, as you are described as taking actual wounds, not abstract hp as in 4e.
We could also increase the time to a standard action, but doesn't seem necessary. Anyone else have an opinion?

diaper change time....

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
IRL: I am having time management trouble at work, so I will only be posting from home.
My posting rate may drop, and when we hit a stopping point in the story,
I may have to wrap up or take a break for a while.

If I can figure out how to run turns faster the game could continue.

Last edited:

knight_isa

First Post
No problem. Let us know what you need to do. I know it's hard to find time at home with a new baby.

Sorry about my disappearance this last week. Some stuff came up suddenly and I was without internet for several days. I'm back now.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
So where do we go from here?

We could wrap up the current scene in character, with deciding the fate of the captives. Then move to the big picture, and write an epiloge.

We could also continue with a new posting/update rate, perhaps twice a week, with me updating tuesday/thursday or monday/wedensday. And continue into chapter 3.
Investigating the castle Morton and Barony of Southwick, or confronting the count...

Either way, This has been one of my more sucessful online games, we have been playing eight months now. :)
Thanks everyone for your dedication and flexability.

Remove ads