• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 ToB: Bo9S - Nifft's Compendium

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Arkhandus said:
Well, like I said, I don't own a copy of ToB so I know very little specific about its mechanics and such.
You may already know this, but... I recommend it. ;)

Arkhandus said:
I didn't have any problem with delivering SF through touch attacks, I just thought it was limited to 2 Strikes far apart in level (one that I thought would be redundant with SF). So NM on that. :heh:

Okay, take a look at the new Silver Strikes (one each at levels 1-4 for Crescent Moon). They're situational, but they fit the lunar counter-magic theme and aren't overpowered.

Cheers, -- N

javcs

First Post
How many maneuvers, etc does a martial ranger get?

Their recharge mech isn't too bad, especially since, well, they aren't going to want to be next to their targets too often for the melee ones, and for the ranged ones, they're giving up rapid shot for manyshot.
Overall, I like it.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
javcs said:
How many maneuvers, etc does a martial ranger get?

There's a three-column list. Maneuvers (K / R / S). K = known, R = readied, S = stances. You might have glossed it over because it's where one normally sees ignorable information like BAB and saving throws. :)

Cheers, -- N

javcs

First Post
Nifft said:
There's a three-column list. Maneuvers (K / R / S). K = known, R = readied, S = stances. You might have glossed it over because it's where one normally sees ignorable information like BAB and saving throws. :)

Cheers, -- N
Ah.

I blame WotC. (standards)

Edit: At level 20 18 maneuvers known, 8 readied, and 5 stances, right?

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
javcs said:
Edit: At level 20 18 maneuvers known, 8 readied, and 5 stances, right?

Exactly. He'll be able to keep a little over 1/3 of his known maneuvers readied at high levels.

He starts out with fewer maneuvers than the Warblade (because he gets more skill points and bonus feats), but ends up with a total between the Swordsage and the Crusader because he's got fewer hit points and other special features.

The stances are also given at "stronger" levels than the Warblade's or Crusader's are.

Cheers, -- N

javcs

First Post
Nifft said:
and: Just lucky I guess. ;)

Cheers, -- N
ZING-THUNK! (In keeping with the Heaven's Arc interest of mine) :)

I think I may see if I can talk/bribe some of my DM's into letting me use the martial ranger. Of course, first I'll have to get him to okay Tome of Battle. :(

Once this happens, and I play one, I'll give my results/impressions.

Remove ads