D&D 3E/3.5 ToB: Bo9S - Nifft's Compendium

Soel

First Post
Cannot wait for the maneuver write-ups! My swordsage could have some fun with some of these!

I suggest Beating Heart as a replacement for Medical Ninja.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Ltheb Silverfrond said:
The only maneuver I wonder about is the Soul Tether; how similar is it to Raise/Rez/True rez?

It's supposed to emulate this power: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicRevivify.htm

... and it will have an XP cost.

Winding Road said:
Does this give you a bite attack if you lack one, or not?

Nope, but there's a boost that gives you a bite attack for 1 round.

More answers later -- gotta play starwars now. :)

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Okay, I've added the White Raven Commander -- which I almost called the Martial Marshal, but that's too evil even for me. :)

I'm wondering if it's too strong. I'm wondering if the aura should only go up to +3. I'm wondering if I should remove Iron Heart from his school choices.... but that would leave only White Raven. Hmm. Give me your thoughts.

- - -

Deep Vital Mastery's duration is Instantaneous. :] (Compare with waves of exhaustion, a 7th level spell.) I should also note that these counters do not remove the effect they specify -- they negate it. So you can resist this effect (once), but if it's already affecting you, you have to find another way to get rid of it. (I don't want to step on Iron Heart Surge's toes.)

Silent Star Technique most certainly does apply to the initiator! Silence is powerful stuff -- it's like an anti-magic field at low levels, and it even shuts down some White Raven maneuvers.

Healing Atemi is decent, but I want to avoid specific foreign languages. Hong Kong cinema and Arjuna's Gita are as much an influence as today's Tokyo TV toons.

I'll try to finish the long descriptions tonight.

Thanks, -- N

Crashy75

First Post
btw Nifft, I like the direction you took the 'martial' assassin. Maneuvers are great for the assassin archtype. I would call this the true 'assassin' and the SRD assassin the 'arcane assassin'. But I take it from your earlier comment you don't get caught up in that stuff. I do though. ;)

Nifft said:
Okay, I've added the White Raven Commander -- which I almost called the Martial Marshal, but that's too evil even for me. :)
*martial marshal. snicker*
Nifft said:
I'm wondering if it's too strong. I'm wondering if the aura should only go up to +3. I'm wondering if I should remove Iron Heart from his school choices.... but that would leave only White Raven. Hmm. Give me your thoughts.
There's a sublime marshal on the wiz boards that you might find interesting/helpful: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=752414
I have 0 experience with the marshal myself.

EDIT: ohhh, it's based off the bard. Interesting direction.

hong

WotC's bitch
Silly question probably, but how is initiator level affected by the PrCs? +1 per class level?

Why is Perform a prereq for the Diamond Duelist?

Medical ninja school: Sublime Harmony, Wind and Water, Serene Flow

Winding Road

First Post
I adore the White Raven Commander, Seeing as I'm playing a bard/warblade right now, I'll have to get my DM to take a look at the class and see if she'll allow it. :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
hong said:
Silly question probably, but how is initiator level affected by the PrCs? +1 per class level?

Yep, martial adept prestige classes count as +1 initiator level for all of your initiator levels. So a Swordsage 4 / Warblade 4 would have martial initiator level of ss6/wb6, but a SS 4 / WB 4 / Diamond Duelist 10 would have initaitor levels of ss16/wb16.

The only time you need to choose which base class gets a PrC perk is when you get an additional readied maneuver, since you track readied / expended / recovered maneuvers separately.

hong said:
Why is Perform a prereq for the Diamond Duelist?

It's a prereq for the Core duelist, so I left that in. Seems like a flavor choice, though I could see it working well for a gladiator type, or a multi-class Bard/Warblade. Otherwise, consider it a "screw you" type prereq, like the way Toughness is usually used.

Crashy75 said:
I would call this the true 'assassin' and the SRD assassin the 'arcane assassin'.

A lot of people have been wanting a non-magical assassin for a long, long time. I've even tried doing some myself, but there's always been something lacking. But yeah, I'm all about the mechanical options, rather than fighting about what's the "true" whatever. :)

I don't really like the Marshal as a base class, especially given that White Raven exists, and all the non-broken Marshal auras seem like they could be folded into White Raven stances, or into stances for a new school -- or, hell, into unaffiliated stances that you can only get from feats. Hmm. Hmmmm!

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
The rest seem pretty fair, as long as the 'I shut down your class feature' moves (like Crescent Moon) have a save or an opposed roll of some sort to reduce the effect.

Yes. Crescent Moon maneuvers that do something besides just defense either allow a save or require an opposed Spellcraft check. The one exception is Black Chakra Mirror, but that only works against one ray.

Write ups today. :)

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases