Today's Hot Take Theory: Fast & Furious Edition

So it goes like this:

Fast10 Your Seatbelts (the most ludicrous action extravaganza ever, which ends with a nuke going off in Australia)
2 Hobbs 2 Shaw (in a stunning twist, the two men try to stop an illegal car racing ring that is involved in stealing electronics, and the men responsible are their brothers! literally 2 Hobbses and 2 Shaws)
Fast and Fury Road (an artsy character piece in now-post-apocalyptic Australia; I mean, they already have Charlize Theron in this franchise, so here we'll learn how she loses her arm)
Pacific Rim: Tokyo Drift (Hobbs and Shaw have to defend Tokyo by merging their consciousnesses to pilot a jaeger)
The Fast and the Furyan (Dom and his fambly flee the kaiju overrun Earth, racing for another star system, where Dom's son has taken the street name 'Riddick')
Furiouser and Furiouser: Into the Underverse (the thrilling conclusion to the Fast and Furious and Chronicles of Riddick and Mad Max and Pacific Rim franchise; also an Alice in Wonderland homage)
Vin Diesel apparently said that the next Fast and Furious movie would need to be a two-parter based on the story ideas he had.

Someone on reddit speculated that FF 10 Part I or Part II might end with the Necromongers invading Earth and killing every single human, except Dom, who learns that Earth was called "Furya" in the galactic language. He adopts the name of Riddick...

I'd watch that for a $ or 13,60 €.

MarkB

Legend
Vin Diesel apparently said that the next Fast and Furious movie would need to be a two-parter based on the story ideas he had.
Then they can release a special Blu-Ray version of both parts together, with additional footage, and call it the Unfastened Edition.

And then an enhanced version for the next generation of TVs called the Refastered Edition.

GreyLord

Legend
This is primarily because Vin Diesel got creative control and realized that people didn't care about Riddick and that he was only going to be allowed to continue making D&D movies if they were also about cars, sometimes.

I liked the Riddick series..well...the first two. The last one stunk bad...I'm not sure why they did it like that.

The first one was pretty interesting...the second one was awesome.

Then the third one...was WTH happened!???

On the entire F&F series. It's been a while. I didn't think we actually saw Han die, just that we saw his car blow up. I haven't watched the trailer, but if he has a bunch of scars and such it could make sense.

Remove ads