D&D 5E Tomb of Annihilation campaign recaps

Nebulous

Legend
These things happen. As long as you tell the players you stuffed up and that you'll play it by the rules from now on, then it won't matter. If you let them keep on doing it then it might break the game.

I hate having to double check on spells, I leave up to them for these low level common spells to do them correctly, and they usually do, but every once in a while something slides by us that really should't.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Here's the latest journal. It's very brief and ill-remembered as I've had a lot of big drama in real life (a near death) while managing a large project that went public last week. Not the most exiting episode, but the group really enjoyed it.

Link to Journal: Roll20

Nebulous

Legend
Here's the latest journal. It's very brief and ill-remembered as I've had a lot of big drama in real life (a near death) while managing a large project that went public last week. Not the most exiting episode, but the group really enjoyed it.

Link to Journal: Roll20

I can't wait until someone gets possessed by a Trickster God in my game.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Session 38: Day 118 - Gears of Hate

I think that we are getting very close to the end now. There are maybe 6 more sessions in this. That's good. I feel that if there was any more wandering in the tomb it would start to feel a bit samey, but it seems to be big but not too big.

I do worry that they are going to die in the encounter with Acererak, as only three of the party have decided to take on the spirits of the trickster gods. But we'll see how it goes.

I've got to say the the cogs in the roll20 app worked so well. An inspired idea to seperate the pictures of the cogs from the main map and multiside them so you just needed to scroll to whichever setting the player chose.

Nebulous

Legend
Session 38: Day 118 - Gears of Hate

I think that we are getting very close to the end now. There are maybe 6 more sessions in this. That's good. I feel that if there was any more wandering in the tomb it would start to feel a bit samey, but it seems to be big but not too big.

We are only on the first level of the Tomb for 2 sessions and I am getting the impression that it will get samey. As DM, I can already see it setting in, trap after trap after trap, and that's not really fun for me either. I might truncate some of it.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
We are only on the first level of the Tomb for 2 sessions and I am getting the impression that it will get samey. As DM, I can already see it setting in, trap after trap after trap, and that's not really fun for me either. I might truncate some of it.

I think the difference they have made to each of the levels helps quite a lot, so make sure you really play that up.

Nebulous

Legend
Damn. Our game got cancelled last minute tonight. It is getting increasingly difficult to meet in person, so eventually this might move to an online format.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
I recommend Roll20. If you want to have a look at it, send me a private message with your e-mail address. I'll send you an invite into my game so you can have a looksee before you pay for the module.

Alternatively you can use the free version and upload the maps yourself.

Remove ads