Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

JesterOC

Explorer
The lizard king adventure into from Shawn Merwin says "real meat of theTomb of Annihilation adventure begins when the player charactersreach 4th or 5th level."

I think that is when you really start venturing out of the city. But it looks like the city has a lot of flavor that makes it stand out from a simple jungle run. I would not like to skip that. So while I think it is true that 5th lvl is where you start to directly investigate the main plot. 1-4 seems to have lots of options to build the groundwork for the rest of the game.

ddaley

Explorer
You are making it very difficult to wait on Amazon in order to get this adventure...

I think that is when you really start venturing out of the city. But it looks like the city has a lot of flavor that makes it stand out from a simple jungle run. I would not like to skip that. So while I think it is true that 5th lvl is where you start to directly investigate the main plot. 1-4 seems to have lots of options to build the groundwork for the rest of the game.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Cellar of Death is reads pretty well, interesting fast-paced mission I think my gang will enjoy it. Already have an existing NPC in mind and did set up already so will skip the first part.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Is the character options pdf available in the website yet? Or did they discard it? They talked something about a new race or something.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I don't see a new race mentioned:

Included in this pack:
2 Backgrounds
10 Magic Items
60 Monsters

Kool but kinda a bummer wanted to play with tortle ppl. Thanks for sharing the info though. Which are the backgrounds if you know any specifics?

Edit: spelling errors due to big fingers and a small phone...

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler

This is correct. The hardcover definitely has tons of great content for DMs who want to run levels 1-4 characters in Port Nyanzaru. My point was that there really isn't an "easy to run adventure" for those lower levels for DMs with limited time to prep. For DMs who have the time and inclination to build their own level 1-4 adventure with the pieces from the book, there is definitely a ton of great material there to do so with.

Shawn

Remove ads

Remove ads