Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

ddaley

Explorer
I broke down and purchased this on D&D Beyond. I have to say, so far, I really like the way that the adventure is set up on D&D Beyond. I am sure I'll be able to print any hand outs needed from there. I'll most likely purchase whatever Mike Schley makes available. According to his site, his bundle won't be available until Dec 8th... Though, as someone else mentioned, he has made a map available for free already.

I have a huge pet peeve. This book MUST come with a pdf as well. At least the handouts. You can't use the handouts without tearing them out of the book, and if you do, you destroy half of them because they are printed front and back. So if I cut out handout 24 for example, I've just ruined and destroyed all the god handouts on the other side of the page.

ddaley

Explorer
I haven't looked at the player's map closely yet, but it does have some labels. The map is given to the players by someone and it contains all of the information that that person knows about the island. So, I am assuming that is why it has some labels already...

Edit 3x to clear it up: That file has both a player's and DM's map, but it's not the same player's map as in the book. The player's map in that file has a lot more information.

JesterOC

Explorer
You're supposed to buy the maps digitally from the artist.

I'm assuming any handout that can't be purchased will eventually be included in some "player's pack"...

Not sure what will be in the player's pack is. But I think [MENTION=15700]Sacrosanct[/MENTION] was referencing the handouts not the maps.

You're supposed to buy the maps digitally from the artist.

I'm assuming any handout that can't be purchased will eventually be included in some "player's pack"...

If you buy it from D&D beyond you have access to the Handouts and High quality digital maps. (In both dm and player form.)

For those who want to print out copies of handouts D&D beyond is probably the best choice

For those that have it, how does this adventure and its locations work as a sidequest source? I've got a homebrew campaign on the Sword Coast, and would be perfectly happy to ship my players (or, at least, their characters) down to Chult for a couple months to do a jungle themed exploration story. Will this book have useful stuff for that, or is it all laser-focused on the adventure storyline?

Remove ads

Remove ads