Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

Love the map but is there a legend that says what kind of terrain each hex-depiction is supposed to be? There are terrain-dependent encounter charts that reference various hex-types but no info on the maps themselves as to what each hex-depiction is supposed to be.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Anyone have the ddm guild products? I like that the thread is about this again, and not pages of discussing stuff from the past, over and over and over

Gleep Wurp

First Post
my thoughts SPOILERS

1. was noticing it was about 42 hexes to [sblock]Omu[/sblock]. at 1 hex/day, 3 encounters checks = 126 checks. With a 20% chance of an encounter (16+ on a d20), that's about 25 random encounters just between the Port and the first plot related location.

2. It was unexpected to me that Chult is kind of a Walking Dead location where most of the population in the jungles has been zombified. And how the living treat the dead in one of the random encounters was unexpected...
[sblock]Cannibal chultans eating dead zombies![/sblock]

3. I like the design of the Grung, and the grung city has a rather amusing side-quest. I'm disappointed I can't find really good miniatures to resemble the grung. (there are Medium sized frog people from various places in 28mm, but not Small. And not Cute)

4. Looking at some of the ToA official minis, I'm very disappointed in the quality (been away from DDM for a while: even to repaint them the sculpts look mushy)

Last edited by a moderator:

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
For those that bought 'special edition' book in store, what's on poster map? One side is player's map of Chult, what's on the other?
I bought Beyond version and impressed with it so far, might cancel Amazon pre order of book if poster map is nothing special. I didn't end up using the one in CoS that much after all.

JesterOC

Explorer
For those that bought 'special edition' book in store, what's on poster map? One side is player's map of Chult, what's on the other?
I bought Beyond version and impressed with it so far, might cancel Amazon pre order of book if poster map is nothing special. I didn't end up using the one in CoS that much after all.
The other side is the DMs version
I do plan on letting the players draw their path on the physical map.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

JesterOC

Explorer
BTW to my knowledge there is no special edition for this, only for xanthar's guide. Which I will be advoiding because I like the look of the standard version much more

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases