Too Many Polls?

How many polls is too many.

• I hate polls.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • There should only be one poll visible at a time.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • You just can't have enough polls.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • They were all fine until this poll.

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Lemon Curry

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I am Brannich Blacksmoke

Votes: 0 0.0%

MythandLore

First Post
THERE ARE TO MANY POLLS!

I was just in general forum and there were 13 polls going on the first page, 6 in the top 10 on the list, and threads 1, 2 and 3 were polls.

THERE ARE TO MANY POLLS!

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
I like the polls feature very much! I use it over in the Creature Catalog forum to get feedback on conversions and original mosters. It helps keep thread lengths down by just having people cast a vote in a poll instead of having to make a reply just to say yes or no--but I have to be sure to provide responsible and intelligent options for them to chose from. And, if they have a specific critique, then they can go on and post a reply. Used properly, the polls can be a great benefit to the forums.

But I also agree that things can get out of control. In that instance is incumbent upon moderators and administrators to prune out polls that are just tests, that are off-topic, or that are just plain silly. We have the authorization to delete posts and polls for that very reason.

And I also agree that when the novelty wears off, the polls will decrease.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
nemmerle said:
Hmm, well I think there are too many pols, but I don't want to get rid of them all together.
Well, I guess it'll calm down when people get tired of playing with the new features... :)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
And...for the record, before someone else calls me on it and says "neener neener neener!"...

I, too, am guilty of off-topic and/or pointless polls. The poll feature is a new toy and I wanted to try it out. lol

I will avoid making pointless polls in the future. The newness of it all is already starting to wear off for me. :)

Next thing Im gonna play with is the thread rating feature. lol

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
This poll seems doomed anyway (21 of 29 people voted "all fine before this poll" :p), so I decided to add It's' and Someguy's suggestions. :cool:

Remove ads