Too Many Polls?

How many polls is too many.

• I hate polls.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • There should only be one poll visible at a time.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • You just can't have enough polls.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • They were all fine until this poll.

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Lemon Curry

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I am Brannich Blacksmoke

Votes: 0 0.0%

Zhure

First Post
Dammit. I was going to make a very similar poll. Only my statements were were:

I answer every poll
I never answer polls
I ignore polls

I think the polling will die down a bit once everyone gets used to them.
Greg

Gez

First Post
This reminds me I planned some times ago to post a "Favorite Poll Poll" and a "Most Useless Poll Poll". They would have been great, wouldn't they ?:p

Zan Thrax

First Post
Yeah, but your poll has a pretty big problem Zhure; if everyone's honest, then the first answer would get 100%of the votes. :eek:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm, well I think there are too many pols, but I don't want to get rid of them all together.

But one thing you do not have to poll me about - whether or not this belongs in Meta :D

I run my own forum that is smaller than this one based on politics and history. We average between 150 and 200 posts a day. Even then when I had the pollign feature activated we got way too many polls.

Maybe a third of them were intelligent and sparked interest. The rest were stupid and fell as low as a poll on your favorite pizza topping. It got really bad since voting on a poll would kick it back to the top of the forum. So one poerson could vote on 10 polls and half of your primary first page topics were suddenly off the page and forgotten.

I eventually banned them completely.

graydoom

First Post
When used intelligently, polls are good. When every single topic is some stupid, off-topic poll, it has gone too far.
Sadly, the boards arr currently trending toward the latter. Hopefully, once people get used to polls it will go back to just useful, appropriate polls.

omedon

First Post
The irony of this post is killing me. :)

Yes I would say there are too many but it is understandable as polls are a great new feature of the new boards that everyone seems to wants to give a try. Hopefully once everyone has become more adjusted to the new boards the novelty of the polls will begin to wear off and we will start to see less of them.

Remove ads