Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Rogue

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Poll closed .

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My favorite martial character was actually a rogue variant from Unearthed Arcana, for the 3rd Edition rules. It was very simple: you rolled up a Rogue, but instead of getting the sneak attack ability, you got the Fighter's bonus feats. The result was a lightly-armored, highly-skilled character who had an interesting and versatile array of combat abilities--the perfect "Fighter" for me.

The Ranger is the closest thing we have to that in 5E. They are lightly armored, and they have some of the fighter's combat options, anyway. I've tried to house-rule them a bit: Rangers get proficiency in Survival or Nature for free at 1st level, and Hunter's Mark is a class feature instead of a spell. And it gets pretty close, but I still miss the 3.5E "Righter" variant.

JoeyD473

Adventurer
Did you ever try the 3.5 Scout? It was probably the best skirmisher class I've seen. I really liked how it required you to be mobile to actually get its benI played one for a while and had many of them as NPCs
I use to play one in 3.5 and had a lot of NPC Scouts as well. It was a great, and fast class

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Where are the Rangers fans?
Ice Hockey Dancing GIF by NHL

Remove ads