D&D General March Madness 2024 - Round 1 - Casters

Choose your favorite 4 casters from this list.

• Wizard

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Psion

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Bard

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Artificer

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Warlock

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Druid

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Cleric

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 26 45.6%

• Poll closed .

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
I gotta admit, I'm surprised Druid and Cleric both won out... With all the warlocks are awesome, sorcerers are cool stuff I see here and elsewhere online, it is shocking. Guess I shouldn't have given it any credit since the both lost and that screws up a lot of my bracket.

I mean, I'm GLAD Druid and Cleric won since I personally like them more than warlock (wanna-be cleric) and sorcerer (wanna-be wizard). :)
Honestly didn’t think that sorcerer was all that appreciated by the fans, I feel like the general opinion was that they’re discount wizards who ought to sacrifice their metamagic for the ‘superior caster’s benefit

DrJawaPhD

Explorer
Honestly didn’t think that sorcerer was all that appreciated by the fans, I feel like the general opinion was that they’re discount wizards who ought to sacrifice their metamagic for the ‘superior caster’s benefit
In my experience as someone who only really played with other players who started DnD during 5e, Sorcerer is WAY more popular among the newer crowd. Sorcerer is one the most common classes played and I literally have never seen anyone play a Wizard. Sorcerers are cool, Wizards are nerds.

Yaarel

He Mage
In my experience as someone who only really played with other players who started DnD during 5e, Sorcerer is WAY more popular among the newer crowd. Sorcerer is one the most common classes played and I literally have never seen anyone play a Wizard. Sorcerers are cool, Wizards are nerds.
Maybe. Here are the classes of the Baldurs Gate 3 videogame. The Sorcerer and Warlock are notably more popular than Wizard.

In any case, the disparate ratings between BG3 and DnDBeyond require explanation.

BG3 2023
class-table-64d6516598bb0.png

DnDBeyond 2023
classes.jpg

In DnDBeyond, Wizard is the most popular, where Warlock a close second. Sorcerer is notably behind.

It seems Warlock maintains appeal among both the Wizard camp and the Sorcerer camp.

Remove ads