Choose your favorite caster:

• Wizard

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Druid

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Poll closed .

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
The #1-ranked Wizard vs. the #6-ranked Druid! Only one can advance to the Finals--so who will it be?

Here's where the bracket currently stands.
Round5.png

How This Works
  • This is the fifth round of elimination, and it will focus only on the two remaining "Caster" classes on the left side of the bracket. The "Martial" semi-finals will be held in a few days.
  • Unlike the previous rounds, there is only one single contest in this bracket: Wizard vs. Druid.
  • Vote for the class you would most like to see advance to the next round.
  • Vote for any reason you like, too: personal favorite/least favorite, most/least powerful, most/least fun, oldest/newest, most/least played, etc. Vote for whatever you think makes a class worthy of advancing to the final round.
  • When the poll closes, the votes will be applied to the bracket and the one with the most votes wins. Thus, one these classes will be eliminated, and the other will advance to the Final round on April 2nd.
  • In the event of a tie, the winning class will be determined by alphabetical order.
  • For the folks playing to win: each correct guess on your bracket is worth 1 point. Scores will be tallied when the poll closes, and posted to the Leaderboard.
  • For the folks playing for fun: you can still post your bracket to the Leaderboard thread. You might not win a prize, but you'll still get to join the party.

Important! Read before voting!
  • You won't be able to change your vote once you submit it, so vote with conviction.
  • You won't be able to see the poll results until after you vote, so you can vote with clarity.
  • Your vote will remain anonymous, so vote with confidence.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Oh this kills my soul. I think I like wizard better. Maybe I'll ponder druid like characters in fiction and see if I can change my mind about it. Ack, now I'm thinking about Harry Dresden as I ponder what to read. This isn't helping!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Maybe if I focus on the fact that none of my favorite Wizards in literature are actually doable with D&D Wizards... now I just need to think of anything to justify Druid.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Oh this kills my soul. I think I like wizard better. Maybe I'll ponder druid like characters in fiction and see if I can change my mind about it. Ack, now I'm thinking about Harry Dresden as I ponder what to read. This isn't helping!
blackstone Dresden is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I want druid to win out of boredom and novelty, I have strong feelings about doing better animist faith but druid does have some nifty ideas

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Well, I can't tell you how to vote. But when I think of "D&D Druids," my mind immediately goes to Terry Brooks:

View attachment 353667 View attachment 353668 View attachment 353669
And yet, from what I remember from the original trilogy. The Druid of Shannara (whose name I forget) would actually be better modeled as a Wizard - an arcane scholar who plunders the depths of forgotten lore (to protect the world), rather than a shape-changing nature priest. Gandalf, not Radagast (who is also called a Wizard by Tolkien).

Now, more recent books (I haven't read anything past the second trilogy) might have changed that. And I certainly could be remembering it wrong.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I like PF 1e's Druids and that's almost D&D. I don't particularly like any D&D Wizards/MUsers, and the ones I like in literature don't map over well. So I guess that does it. Vote in.

Remove ads