D&D General March Madness 2024 - Round 2 - Martials

Choose your favorite 4 classes from this list.

• Fighter

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • Swordmage

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Ranger

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • Warlord

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Paladin

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Monk

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Rogue

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 23 37.7%

• Poll closed .

It's too bad that the Wizard doesn't have a mini-bracket of sorts for which arcane school of magic in 5e is more well liked than others. ;) I want to know which school always win. 😋 For me, it's not one of the Big Eight.

ezo

I cast invisibility
How in the world is Rogue #2 (most boring class in the game, and borderline the most useless) and Barbarian at #7 (super fun, some great mechanics, not the best damage but so much better than Rogues)?

Maybe people are voting based on previous editions and I'm only familiar with 5e? Rogues are a classic archetype in general but they're straight garbage in 5e
Yeah, I gotta hard disagree with this. Rogues are awesome and tons of fun to play. Barbarians are ok, but I'd rather play a Rogue 9 times out of 10.

Haven't we all known before we even started that Wizard is going to win? (I'm not saying that I want Wizards to win - I don't. But c'mon, we know that it will. Wizards Always Win.)
Well, it is Wizards of the Coast... so sure it makes since if they always win---they can stack the deck and to magic tricks! :D

monk at this point is doing better than barbarian
Yeah, a Barbarian vs. Monk match would have been epic! I really don't know who would have won that...

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I don't want to talk specifics in this thread, especially the scores and who is/isn't in the lead. Folks should have to vote to see that info.

But I'll say this much: the Warlord is doing a lot better than I thought it would. Non-5E classes didn't do very well at all in the Casters round.
given that the psion went against the wizard that is to be expected wizard is the nerd class
What’s the money on another ranger thread popping up in the next few days now?

Edit: actually given the thoughts occupying my head right now i could end up starting another warlord one myself (unlikely, but sill possible)
do it I could use the joy.
Yeah, I gotta hard disagree with this. Rogues are awesome and tons of fun to play. Barbarians are ok, but I'd rather play a Rogue 9 times out of 10.

Well, it is Wizards of the Coast... so sure it makes since if they always win---they can stack the deck and to magic tricks! :D

Yeah, a Barbarian vs. Monk match would have been epic! I really don't know who would have won that...
monk is my favourite class that is in the phb it is trash but I love it.
desperately needs to be improved.

Remove ads