Top 10 RPGs on Steam (Stardew Valley is #3, Baldur's Gate is #4)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
As of today, the 10 Top-Selling RPG titles on Steam are as follows:
  1. Last Epoch
  2. Elden Ring
  3. Stardew Valley
  4. Baldur's Gate 3
  5. Palworld
  6. Nightingale
  7. Enshrouded
  8. RoboCop: Rogue City
  9. Horizon Zero DawnTM Complete Edition
  10. Borderlands 3
TopSteamRPGs_Correction.png

As you can see in the screenshot, I narrowed the search by the tag "RPG." And I always remove "Free to Play" games because I'm allergic.

One of these is clearly not like the others.

EDIT: In the time it took me to post this, Stardew Valley had risen to the #3 position. I suppose this has something to do with the 1.6 Update that ConcernedApe announced...stay tuned!

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
What is that?
The Steam Store page doesn't offer many details, just a one-sentence description ("Become the legendary part man, part machine, all cop hero and deliver justice in Old Detroit.") and a few animaged .gifs of ad copy. It was released last November by Nacon.

Looks pretty cool, though. And it's one of the more affordable ones, at $30.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
There is something strange about the list. The top-selling game (Last Epoch) was released just 6 days ago and has sold 1 million copies since, so I would assume that these are recent game sales. Perhaps they're for the last week, or maybe the month of February?

But that doesn't add up, because Stardew Valley was released 8 years ago and has apparently sold over 30 million copies since then. It's in third place above Baldur's Gate 3 (which has sold 10 million copies to date) but was released just last August. Horizon: Zero Dawn has sold over 20 million copies, and it's in 9th place, and was released in 2020.

Does anyone on ENWorld know how Steam ranks their "Top Sales" page? Curious moogles are curious.

Last edited:

Does anyone on ENWorld know how Steam ranks their "Top Sales" page? Curious moogles are curious.
It's almost as if googling that question would bring up the answer :p

Top Sellers lists are generated automatically based on all revenue sources for a game, including DLC and in-game transactions. This allows the charts to reflect the games that players are most excited to invest in right now.

Oddly, if you include Free to play then only one game with that tag breaks the top ten War Frame which only comes in behind Baldur's Gate 3 and creature enslavement simulator Palworld.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
in my defense given what i've read about the game it seems like a very apt description
I've never played it, but yeah--that does sound accurate.

I've played half of the Top Twelve: Elden Ring, Stardew Valley, Baldur's Gate 3, Horizon Zero Dawn CE, Borderlands 3, and Elder Scrolls Online. (Though, to be fair: Stardew Valley and BG3 are the only ones that I've played for more than an hour. I've logged almost 100 hours in BG3 so far, and over 2000 hours in SDV.)

Last edited:

I've never played it, but yeah--that does sound accurate.

I've played half of the Top Twelve: Elden Ring, Stardew Valley, Baldur's Gate 3, Horizon Zero Dawn CE, Borderlands 3, and Elder Scrolls Online. (Though, to be fair: Stardew Valley and BG3 are the only ones that I've played for more than an hour. I've logged almost 100 hours in BG3 so far, and over 2000 hours in SDV.)
you have to go down to fallout 76 to find a game i've played followed by CP77. I just have no interest in BG3

Scribe

Legend
There is something strange about the list. The top-selling game (Last Epoch) was released just 6 days ago and has sold 1 million copies since, so I would assume that these are recent game sales. Perhaps they're for the last week, or maybe the month of February?

But that doesn't add up, because Stardew Valley was released 8 years ago and has apparently sold over 30 million copies since then. It's in third place above Baldur's Gate 3 (which has sold 10 million copies to date) but was released just last August. Horizon: Zero Dawn has sold over 20 million copies, and it's in 9th place, and was released in 2020.

I noticed that as well, and with Stardew Valley sharing the list with Baldur's Gate, I just wasnt sure how I wanted to parse the discussion going forward. :D

Remove ads