• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Torphies

Henry

Autoexreginated
My barn hurt trying to figure out what the thread was about, but now that I know...

"Counting Coup" is always a time-honored tradition. The Gimli and Legolas scene in Lord of the Rings put it on the silver screen, but I've actually seen two gamers (through their PCs) have a contest over the number of enemy mooks they're killed before. :)

On Puget Sound

First Post
My rouge collects thorphies and puts them on pubic display in the town square. His own aliment is unaffected, but the pheasants in the town who see these pubic displays tend to lose their aliments. My rouge doesn't care about any lowly pheasants, he's chaotic natural.

Last edited:

Orius

Legend
I have to wonder if torphy is going to end up being another ENWorld in-joke with all this commentary. Such as will we be having discussions a year from now about our PCs riding their donkeyhorses to the dungeon to kill the orc and take his pie for a torphy from the local villagers?

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have to wonder if torphy is going to end up being another ENWorld in-joke with all this commentary. Such as will we be having discussions a year from now about our PCs riding their donkeyhorses to the dungeon to kill the orc and take his pie for a torphy from the local villagers?

Personally, every time I ride my donkeyhorse, I wear my hat of D02.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Was renaming the forum a twist of the blade, or did I miss something here?

This may possibly be the first time in the history of the internet that a poster with 3 posts under his belt has ever directly inspired an actual change to a forum.

Incredible! I can't wait to see what happens after he makes post #4! Give KOM a free community supporter account, please!

nedjer

Adventurer
They don't make torphies like they used to:

"Ancient warriors, including the Egyptians, Gallas, Somalis and Abyssinians, were known to take male genitalia of their defeated enemies as war trophies.

Ancient drawings depict mounds of severed genitalia of defeated enemies. Sometimes conquering warriors would take the severed prizes to their kings, or to the women they wanted to marry. [wtf?] Other times, the organs would be displayed on a public road to shame the enemy. In the year 1300, one ancient Egyptian king, Menephta, collected 13,000 uncircumcised penises after defeating an invading Libyan army. An ancient monument chronicles the number of penises and their origins.

Some African tribes allegedly still practice the gruesome custom of taking penises as war trophies. And if you are really in the mood for a little gendered mayhem, read "Marine Sniper" by Charles Henderson. Mr. Henderson devotes a chapter to the so-called "Apache Woman," a sadistic female VC sniper who, among other things, supposedly performed a live castration on a young, captured U.S. soldier."

Probably best we don't know how many circumcised penises Memephta (allegedly) took :eek:

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Seems appropriate to give this thread a good torphy. :D

Attachments

• legendarythreadlk3.jpg
    legendarythreadlk3.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 94

Remove ads