• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Torturing myself with music

NTZ

First Post
caudor said:
When I hear Jacob's Ladder (by Rush), I can't help but get nostalgic. That's what I played when running Temple of Elemental Evil for the first time (as background flavor).

Amazing, just as I read this post and say to myself "not sure if I know that song by Rush" it comes on over my speakers via Rhapsody. Quite a coincidence. :cool:

NTZ

francisca

I got dice older than you.
MrFilthyIke said:
I heard. :cool:

And francisca, I would never imagine quoting S.O.D. :eek:

Are we still on for OD&D at GenCon (CthulhuLibrarian, francisca, me, and others?) :)
You never know what you'll get out of me.

And yes, I'm planning on some OD&D at GenCon with you guys. Been sitting on the adventure since 2003, though I am sure I'll dig it out sometime in July and tweak it, as I now have something special in mind. We'll have to see when TB runs his Star Thug game, and find a time to fit it in.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
francisca said:

And yes, I'm planning on some OD&D at GenCon with you guys. Been sitting on the adventure since 2003, though I am sure I'll dig it out sometime in July and tweak it, as I now have something special in mind. We'll have to see when TB runs his Star Thug game, and find a time to fit it in.

Jeez, I just realized SOD is almost 20 years old by looking at the date on it, where is the time going?? :eek:

Cool, I'm excited about GC this year. :D

francisca said:

Great! Looking forward to the game. Can I play Sgt. D? ;)

It's not an old song in any way, shape or form, but everytime I hear "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" from U2's new album I think of my departed grandfather and tear up a bit.

Remove ads