Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Darek moves toward the Grell by the building, attacking and knocking it down.

Gurk lashes out at the nearby grell narrowly hitting thanks to its dazed state.

The grell who had been going after Baern lashes out at the spirit near it.

Phaeryn focuses his mind and beats the grell about.

The grell nearest Phaeryn uses its action to stand rising back to a floating hover inches above the ground.

The other grell manages to raise itself from the ground, as well, but they both seem to stay in a stupor.

Sharun moves in closer reaching into the mind of one of the grell and neatly inserting himself into the part of the brain where things are ignored.

[sblock="OOC"]
Insight, I played around with your route, out of niceness, the route you described took you straight through the zone, next time I won't fix it for you all. *rat bastard dm grin*

Gurk hits Grell 4 thanks to CA. Gurk is no long dazed. Save vs. Dazed (1d20=16)

Grell 3 attacks the spirit, rolls 34 vs. AC; 17 damage. spirit disappears Baern takes 10 damage.

Grell 1 stands. Fails save v. dazed

Grell 4 stands. Fails save v. dazed.

Sharun moves and successfully attacks.

Round 2:

30: Gurk : 43/71 (not dazed now but will be upon starting turn in zone)
30: Grell 3 : 10 damage
25: Phaeryn : Dazed (save ends)
25: Grell 1 : 31 damage : Dazed (save ends), marked by Darek, cannot see Sharun till '14
23: Grell 4 : 73 damage : vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic
13: Baden
11: Grell 2 : 9 damage
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses.
07: Baern : 70/80

Kyriel's turn.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-3-1.jpg
    tom1-3-1.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 69

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Baden

Have to get closer to get anything done . . . Well, at least life's not boring right now!

He makes his way across the battlefield toward one of the Grell, taking careful aim with his crossbow and again letting fly.

[sblock=Actions]Move to F15.
Standard: Sly Flourish (1d20+14=25) against Grell 3, for (1d6+10=13) Damage (if it hits).[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Baden Dubh- Male Shadar-Kai Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:23 (26 vs. Opportunity Attacks), Fort:19, Ref:23, Will:20 -- Speed: 6
HP:69/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges Per-Day 7/7
Resistances: Cold (05), Fire (05)
Initiative: +11 Action Points: 1 Second Wind: Un-Used
Powers:

Chameleon
Disheartening Strike
Fleeting Ghost
Sly Flourish
Summoned Armor +2

Bait and Switch
Circling Predator
Combat Tumbleset
Sly Lunge

Precise Incision
Flashy Riposte
Rogue's Recovery
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Baden, remember dazed Grell give Combat Advantage...good for rogues! It won't last much longer before they start making saves, so use it while you can.)

Kyriel turns to face the most injured of the Grell, righteous fury still burning in her luminous eyes. For a moment a vast Presence rises in her, around her. As if the humanoid body of the deva was merely a front for something far larger and more powerful than it seemed.

"You will be the first example." Her eyes flash angrily, and some of that Presence lashes invisibly out at the Grell!

(Baleful Eye of Judgment on Grell 4. 33 vs Will to hit, for 19 psychic damage! And I believe this is the Grell that's vulnerable to psychic damage too. :) Additionally the Grell is at -2 to attack until the end of its next turn.)
Roll Lookup (hit)
Roll Lookup (dmg)

(Kyriel will also use Demand Justice on the next Grell to save against her Dazed condition. This power, an interrupt, forces a creature to reroll a save and use the reroll...another chance to fail in this case. One last note, I'd like Kyriel to use Preserver's Rebuke against the next Grell that attacks one of her allies. This gives her +int bonus to attack the attacking grell on her next turn.)

Moon_Goddess

Kyriel turns and summons the weight of Ioun's judgement upon the most injured grell.

Baden moves in closer firing a crossbow bolt at the grell nearest to him, striking it brutally.

The grell leader advances and summons another ball of lightning, launching it at Darek the lightning strikes him shocking him and stinging at his eyes, Darek finds that he can no longer see.

Kyriel glares at the grell leader promising him vengence.

The pilgrams continue to flee most of them making it out of the battle area by now, one of the pilgrims runs straight into the psychici storm dazing himself, while another runs out of it still dazed.

[sblock="OOC"]
Darek is blinded (save ends),
Kyriel your Preservers Rebuke is used.

Round 3:

30: Gurk : 43/71 (correction to what I said earlier, only dazed entering the zone Gurk is fine)
30: Grell 3 : 37 damage : Dazed (save ends)
25: Phaeryn :
25: Grell 1 : 31 damage : Dazed (save ends), marked by Darek, cannot see Sharun till '14
23: Grell 4 : 97 damage : Bloodied, vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends), -2 to attack till '22
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic, +3 ATT vs. Grell 2
13: Baden
11: Grell 2 : 9 damage
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 65/85 : Blinded (save ends), Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses.
07: Baern : 70/80

Darek is up. Need actions from Darek, Baern if he's around or I'll run him, Gurk, and Phaeryn, Grell 3 will delay till after Phaeryn to make this easier to track.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-3-2.jpg
    tom1-3-2.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Darek rubs his eyes in disbelief. "Argg... Ye'll not get away that easily!"

[sblock=Actions]
Standard Action: Charge 2 squares to -D22 and Melee Basic Attack against Grell 1: 1d20+13+1-5=15

I'm gonna assume that misses. EDIT: Just realized Grell 1 is dazed, so Darek should get +2 to attack rolls, but I assume 17 misses anyway.

Saving Throw vs. Blinded: 1d20=13: SAVE!

Darek is no longer blinded.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Darek Hornswallower - Dwarf Fighter 10
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Ref: 19, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5
HP: 65/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge Value: 21, Surges/Day 12/12
Initiative +4, Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Combat Challenge, Cleave, Crushing Surge
Encounter: Blinding Smash, Divine Challenge, Savage Parry, Shield Bash
Daily: Create Opening, Divine Bodyguard, Knee Breaker, Paladin's Judgment, Shift the Battlefield, Stalwart Guard

Powers, Item:
Daily: Battleforged Heavy Shield, Righteous Craghammer +2
Properties: Cloak of the Walking Wounded (Can expend 2 healing surges instead of one when using second wind when bloodied), Rushing Cleats (+2 attack to Bull Rush, +1 square to his pushes or slides)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
(OOC - Baden, remember dazed Grell give Combat Advantage...good for rogues! It won't last much longer before they start making saves, so use it while you can.)

Baden moves in closer firing a crossbow bolt at the grell nearest to him, just barely missing.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks, Shayuri - I'd forgotten about that! Sure would be nice for this 'Striker' to actually strike something before the combat's over.

Darwin, does the +2 for CA put him over the 'barely' and into the hit range? If so, here's the Sneak Attack damage to add to that from the previous post:
Sneak Attack Damage (2d8=14). (Total damage would be 27 if it hits).[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaeryn knocks the grell prone again, "Stay down, fiend!" he says as he dances round to stand by Darek. "Just doesn't learn does it." he says in a dry raspy voice.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Dragon's Tail vs. Grell1 Fort (1d20+14=28, 1d6+9=10) = hit; prone + 10 damage (incl. flurry of blows)
Move: move to -E22 (the long way around just cause I can)
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Statblock]Phaeryn Duskhaunt; Revenant Monk 10
Passive Perception: 26, Passive Insight: 19; low-light
AC:25, Fort:21, Ref:23, Will:23 -- Speed: 6
HP:65/77, Bloodied:38, Surge Value:19, Surges Per-Day 9/9
Initiative: +14 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used
[sblock=Powers]Minor
Dark Reaping
Purifying Meditation [Encounter]
Ornament of Alertness [Daily]
Potion of Vigor [Consumable]

Standard
Dragon's Tail
Dancing Cobra
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Strike the Avalanche
Masterful Strike
One Hundred Leaves
Strength to Weakness

Free
Centered Furry of Blows

Move
Dragon's Tail
Dancing Cobra
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Strike the Avalanche

Immediate Interrupt
Monk Leaf on the Wind [Encounter]
Iron Dragon Defense [Encounter]

Immediate Reaction
Boots of Furious Speed [Daily]

Properties
Lifedrinker Monk Unarmed Strike
Boots of Furious Speed
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Phaeryn knocks the grell prone again, "Stay down, fiend!" he says as he dances round to stand by Darek. "Just doesn't learn does it." he says in a dry raspy voice.

[sblock=OOC]Remember that Phaeryn gets a +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex while adjacent to Darek.[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

[sblock=OOC]Thanks, Shayuri - I'd forgotten about that! Sure would be nice for this 'Striker' to actually strike something before the combat's over.

Darwin, does the +2 for CA put him over the 'barely' and into the hit range? If so, here's the Sneak Attack damage to add to that from the previous post:
Sneak Attack Damage (2d8=14). (Total damage would be 27 if it hits).[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC"]
Actually it appears that somewhere I mistakenly took dazed off Grell 3 instead of Phaeryn,
So, yes CA does push you over barely, and I will edit the post above.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Awesome! Baden was gonna start feeling a little insecure around all these combat studs if he missed a third time in a row! :lol:[/sblock]

Remove ads