Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Kyriel brings down the silver flame of heaven to attack her foes and sheild the faithful.

Baden rolls into position stabbing the bodiless brain from underneth into what would be the brainstem on any normal beast.

The grell leader sensing foes near to it reaches out it's abberent mind and poisons the thoughts of those near by. Darek and Phaeryn become confused, everyone near them looks like a grell, they're surrounded. Those who were allies look like grell those who were grell look like allies and it changes. There's no way to know who's who.

The last remaining pilgrims who can flee make it off the battle feild all that remains now are the wounded and the dead.

[sblock="OOC"]
Kyriel misses the grell leader but her foes are sheilded.
Baden hit's Grell 3 grants CA
Grell 2 uses Venomous Mind, rolls 31 vs. Will Phaeryn hit; rolls 24 vs Will Darek hit 13 damage and must choose a random target for melee attacks (save ends)

Darek attacks Blinding Strike(I used a d4, 1 or 2 meant he attacked Phaeryn, 3 4 meath he attacked Grell 1, rolled 1) missed
Darek uses Knee Breaker (rolled 3) hits Grell 2, grell 2 is slowed.
Darek succeeds on save verus Venomous mind.

Baern barely hits thanks to Baden's CA granted.

Welcome to round 5. (We've played for a week and the game has now lasted 30 seconds)

Gurk is up.

Round 5:

30: Gurk : 56/71 : Slowed and -2 to ATT (save ends both)
25: Phaeryn : +4 AC till '13, must choose a random target for melee attacks (save ends)
30: Grell 3 : 65 damage : Grants CA till '12
25: Grell 1 : 41 damage : Prone , marked by Darek
23: Grell 4 : 124 damage : Bloodied, vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic,
13: Baden
11: Grell 2 : 39 damage : Dazed till '14, Slowed (save ends)
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 65/85 +4 temp : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses, +4 AC till '13
07: Baern : 60/80 +4 temp : resist all 4

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-5-1.jpg
    tom1-5-1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 77

Erekose13

Explorer
Slightly confused, Phaeryn moves away from Darek so that he can concentrate on the Grell nearby. Adopting a different discipline he grabs the grell by a tentacle and throws it across the courtyard where it smashes into the one Gurk is fighting. The second grell is knocked prone.

[sblock=actions]sorry been having trouble with Enworld this weekend.

Start of turn: adopt Strike the Avalanche full discipline.
Move: to -F23 (as far as I understand if I only have one melee target its okay to just attack it)
Standard: atk Grell1 Fort (1d20+14=29, 1d10+5=6) = hit for minimal damage 6 but slide to -A23 where it becomes dazed and remains prone.
Secondary Attack: atk vs. Grell3 (1d20+12=25) = hit, knocked prone.
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Statblock]Phaeryn Duskhaunt; Revenant Monk 10
Passive Perception: 26, Passive Insight: 19; low-light
AC:25, Fort:21, Ref:23, Will:23 -- Speed: 6
HP:65/77, Bloodied:38, Surge Value:19, Surges Per-Day 9/9
Initiative: +14 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used
[sblock=Powers]Minor
Dark Reaping
Purifying Meditation [Encounter]
Ornament of Alertness [Daily]
Potion of Vigor [Consumable]

Standard
Dragon's Tail
Dancing Cobra
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Strike the Avalanche
Masterful Strike
One Hundred Leaves
Strength to Weakness

Free
Centered Furry of Blows

Move
Dragon's Tail
Dancing Cobra
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Strike the Avalanche

Immediate Interrupt
Monk Leaf on the Wind [Encounter]
Iron Dragon Defense [Encounter]

Immediate Reaction
Boots of Furious Speed [Daily]

Properties
Lifedrinker Monk Unarmed Strike
Boots of Furious Speed
[/sblock][/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Gurk reaches out and stabs the grell.
Phaeryn changes his stance to avoid the strikes of the prone grell, moving around it then grabbing it flinging it across the courtyard knocking down another grell.

The aberation closest to Baden strikes out at him. The grell tangles him up in its tentacles.

The grell that Phaeryn threw stands and lashs out at Gurk entangling him it's tentacles, pulling him closer and biting him on the neck with a bloody wound, the venom courses through Gurk's veins, Gurk looses conciousness.

As a final insult the grell on the ground reachs it's tentacles up and it's hooked barbs saw through the rogue. The half orc in his final seconds lives up to his race's name as Gurk's upper torso and remains tangled within the first grells reach while his hips and legs drop to the ground in a gush of gore.

[sblock="Actions and Init"]

Gurk hits dealing 12 damage to Grell 4
Phaeryn moves to -F23, hits slides Grell 1 knocks g4 prone

Grell 3 uses Tentacle Grab on Baden 31 vs Fort. hit 16 damage Baden is grabbed.

Chairwoman Gene asked to drop, so I took some liberties with the rules in regards to Gurk. But not much these guys can be tough when they work together. The grab did 12 damage the bite 13, and the others attack 29 that would have only left him with 2hp, and the grell still have action points to burn.

Round 5:

30: Gurk : Dead
25: Phaeryn : +4 AC till '13, must choose a random target for melee attacks (save ends)
30: Grell 3 : 65 damage : Grants CA till '12
25: Grell 1 : 47 damage : Prone , marked by Darek
23: Grell 4 : 136 damage : Bloodied, vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic,
13: Baden : 53/69 : Grabbed by Grell 3.
11: Grell 2 : 39 damage : Dazed till '14, Slowed (save ends)
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek : 65/85 +4 temp : Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses, +4 AC till '13
07: Baern : 60/80 +4 temp : resist all 4

Need actions from Sharun, Kyriel and Baden

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-5-2.jpg
    tom1-5-2.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 77

Walking Dad

First Post
Baern, HP 80/80

Drawing on his reserves, Baern moves toward the grappled rogue, the spirit hustling to and clawing at the grell.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: move to 13 G, spirit to 11 E
Minor: Use Second Wind
Standard: Protecting Strike (1d20+14=28, 1d8+8=13)
Targets Will, Baden gets 4 THP on hit.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Baern Winterchosen
Perception: 25 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
Initiative: +6
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 18 Will 23
Hit Points: 80/80 Bloodied: 40
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge: 20 Surges per day: 10/11
At-Will Powers: Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Shield, Protecting Strike, Wrath of the Winter
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Thunder Bears Warding, Rimefire Spirit, Winter Wind Spirit, Bonds of the Clan, Sudden Restoration
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North, Earthrage Spirit, Raging Storm Spirit, Spirit Summons, Reflexive Braidmail
[/sblock][/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Baden Dubh

Wincing at the sudden pain, Baden closes his eyes and concentrates for a moment, and disappears from the clinging grasp of the grell. He re-appears in an instant, about 15 feet away from his opponent, and immediately moves in for another strike. His rapier flicks out toward the abomination and scores a shallow puncture.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls](Move) Shadow Jaunt (Teleport) to -A9.
(Move) Move back to C9.

Spend Action Point.

(Standard)To Hit (1d20+16=28)
Precise Incision (5d8+6=20)

(I'm not sure the teleport would be allowed while grabbed, but it seemed like just the sort of situation it was made for. If not, let me know and I'll try something different. Also, while I think I used the Action Point correctly I'm not certain, so please let me know on that as well).[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Baden Dubh- Male Shadar-Kai Rogue 10
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:23 (26 vs. Opportunity Attacks), Fort:19, Ref:23, Will:20 -- Speed: 6
HP:69/69, Bloodied:34, Surge Value:17, Surges Per-Day 7/7
Resistances: Cold (05), Fire (05)
Initiative: +11 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used
Powers:

Chameleon
Disheartening Strike
Fleeting Ghost
Sly Flourish
Summoned Armor +2

Bait and Switch
Circling Predator
Combat Tumbleset
Devious Jaunt
Sly Lunge

Precise Incision
Flashy Riposte
Rogue's Recovery
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Galphanore

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Computer crashed so I don't have access to my charcter right now, new one should arrive today and I will post when I get home tonight at ~8:30pm est, iPhone can't run char gen :( Sorry for the delay[/sblock]

Galphanore

First Post
Sharun reaches out and into the mind of the Grell leader and pokes a little hole.
[sblock=OOC]Memory Hole, Grell 2, To hit : 1d20+16 → [10,16] = (26), 1d6+6 → [1,6] = (7) damage. I'm invisible to him till the end of my next turn.[sblock=Stat Block]Sharundabald Abizandabar- Tiefling Psion 10
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:22, Will:22 -- Speed: 6 (7 when Bloodied)
HP:58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges Per-Day 6/6
Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
PP : 4/6

Powers, Inherent:
At Will : Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Masic Attack, Memory Hole, Betrayal, Force Grasp
Encounter : Infernal Wrath, Distract, Send Thoughts, Intellect Fortress, Eyebite
Daily : Mental Trauma, Crisis of Identity, Mind Shadow, Sensory Onslaught, Intellect Leech

Powers, Item:
At Will : Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Daily : Ghost Phase, +2 Power Bonus next Int Attack, Wildrunners, Obsidian Steed
Always Active : Cloak of Disortion (-5 to hit him for ranged attacks greater than 5 squares away)[/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
As one of the defenders' numbers is cut down, Kyriel lifts her staff and calls in a booming voice, "I bind you in the chains of your own treachery! Shadows give your wretchedness substance, and wickedness weave it into your own undoing!"

She thumps her staff into the earth at her feet, and from every shadow around the grell that had cut Gurk down; from every place that no light fell, large or small, chains erupted out. Chains of dark iron, graven with runes that glowed soft orange, as though lit by a hellish heat within. They snapped like snakes at the grell, tangling with tentacles and trying to loop around them to bind them where they floated.

(Chains of Carceri on Grell 1 and 4. 33 and 17 vs Reflex to hit, for 15 damage and Slow until End of Next Turn. Roll Lookup )

Damage on crit is 23 + 7 = 30.
Roll Lookup
Roll Lookup

[sblock=Stat Block]Kyriel; Deva Invoker 10
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 25
AC:28, Fort:21, Ref:21, Will:23 -- Speed: 6 (5 in armor)
HP:62/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges Per-Day 9/9
Resistances: Fire 5, Cold 5, Poison 5, Radiant 10, Necrotic 10
Initiative: +12 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used

At-Will
Sun Strike
Vanguard's Lightning
Summoned Armor (Item)
Spymaster's Quill (Item)
Floating Lantern (Item)

Encounter
Blades of Astral Fire
Chains of Carceri
Baleful Eye of Judgement
Memory of 1000 Lifetimes (Racial)
Channel Divinity: (Class)
- Preserver's Rebuke
- Rebuke Undead
Demand Justice
Viper Belt (Item)

Daily
Summon Angel of Fire.
Searing Orb
Fourfold Invocation of Doom (used)
Shroud of Warning
Mass Cure Light Wounds (Multiclass feat)
Healing Word (Multiclass feat)
[/sblock]

Remove ads